Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Greenwood Car Show

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greenwood Car Show

It's on June 30, one of the largest Car Shows in the area and an official Sea Fair event. It is my favorite regional car show because it is held in a great Seattle neighborhood. Almost all of the stores, restaurants and bars are open, and open early. Additionally there is a darn good pancake breakfast served up on the same day. Last year there were over 700 cars and over 50,000 people walking the streets, closed for the event that stretches for about a mile of Seattle streets. I find the crowds of people are nice, curious, and decidedly "un-Seattle." For one brief day this anti-car city celebrates everything with wheels and horsepower.

There is a strong presence of cars new and old, including a fair number of G8s. Last year we were a bit uncoordinated and spread out. I like to park down by Barnoff [sic] as I find it is in the heart of the show and when you get bored you can escape to the bar just behind you for a beer before going out, although hard to get bored with so many great cars.

I'm entering - I hold no delusions on winning anything. I look at it this way, I'm paying $25 for a kick-ass parking spot.

Entry form here:

http://greenwoodcarshow.com/resource...-EntryForm.pdf

You have until June 23rd to pre-register, which I STRONGLY recommend you do. Last year my ECM was dying on show day and my G8 died while in staging - LOL. Thankfully I was able to get it restarted. Hope to see others there!!!
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

Did you see the post on the other Board? The Legends are inviting all Pontiacs to park together. They have a whole block.
    Onwer Seattle SEO Pros
    1974 Ford Bronco
    2008 Evoke Grey Holden SS-V (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like

No I didn't see - I don't go over to the other board that much, will check it out.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected