Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: dipstick on other applications?

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    You got it in??????????
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Lol
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

ok, everything back togethor and it is still good

This is not possible to install with the engine in the car. I see no way whatsoever that it could happen

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think there's any way to cut/modify the tube so installation with the engine and trans in the car is possible? What about taking the headers loose? I'm thinking about ordering the parts and machining something that I can weld to the tube so I can fit it in the car w/o taking it apart.

Andy
    2009 G8 GT, TVS2300, etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by realsquash View Post
    Do you think there's any way to cut/modify the tube so installation with the engine and trans in the car is possible? What about taking the headers loose? I'm thinking about ordering the parts and machining something that I can weld to the tube so I can fit it in the car w/o taking it apart.

Andy
    If it comes out good maybe you could make a few and sell them here. I would be interested. If I had a shop I would have built one by now.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    If it comes out good maybe you could make a few and sell them here. I would be interested. If I had a shop I would have built one by now.
    I ordered the stuff from Pace yesterday so we'll see what I can come up with.

Andy
    2009 G8 GT, TVS2300, etc

Post Thanks / Like

It would probably still be tricky even with the coil packs and exhaust manifolds off. With the heads off the engine it probably wouldnt be bad at all. On my former '02 Trans Am, I got a Lokar dipstick and had a bugger of a time getting the old dipstick tube out with the engine in the car. If you can get it on, I will definitely order one!
    John
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 Gt
    VaraRam, Fasterproms Ported LSXR 102 & Ported Throttle Body, Comp Cams Trunions, UPR Catch Can, Holden Radiator Cover, BMR Sway Bars, BMR SFC's, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR LCA's, CTS-V Wheels, GXP Brake Kit, Pedders Lowered Springs and Dampeners, GXP Rear Diffuser, Hacked Atari Gauges, Sliding Leather Armrest, Spencers 5000K Lows/fogs, GRRRR8 Heater Hose Relocation, EFILive V2, 35% Window Tint

To install: BMR complete bushing kit, BMR Toe rods

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well don't get your hopes up, I'm just doing this for myself

Andy
    2009 G8 GT, TVS2300, etc