Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 Cadillac ATS-V rendered

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texn884 View Post
    iTS A OVER PRICED BUICK
    I don't remember seeing a RWD Buick...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Why do they refuse to put a manual trans in the most powerful version. Big fail.
    2009.5 G8 GXP White Hot 6M, Heads/Cam/Intake/3.91
    515rwhp/477tq SAE Dynojet
    7.518@93.48 1.63 60' +1072 DA (1/8 mile)
    11.815@118.85 1.83 60' +364 DA (1/4 mile)
    CBI Street Cars
    DSX Tuning
    danlewisracing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cynic783 View Post
    Why do they refuse to put a manual trans in the most powerful version. Big fail.
    From what I've read about the XTS 6 speed Auto, GM has sped the shifts up and down CONSIDERABLY over past transmissions and reviewers compare them to dual clutch transmissions in the BMW's and such. My guess is that they'd have the same trans between the two of them. I would like a manual too, except when it's colder than a witches tit and I want to remote start my car... That's when an auto is nice. Unfortunately that's a lot here in IA.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Took the ATS V-6 AWD premium edition on a 20 mile test drive yesterday afternoon. You can say what you will about the styling but as far as drivability goes this car is right up there with the best available. The tap shifts quickly maybe not dual clutch quick but quick. Mag shocks handled the potholes well and the car tracks well at speed on a nice curvy road (Groat Rd for anyone around Edmonton) . Engine responds quickly and feels faster than the 5.6 to 60 I've seen quoted. Cue works but is 1st generation slow. HUD is unobtrusive. Brakes are A1. Back seat is BMW3 size. Just enough headroom and legroom unless the driver is 6' plus then the legroom is tight. Trunk is small. One golf bag and a suitcase. Don't think you can get two full size suitcases in it. Fit and finish are right up there. Gaps were good all around and there were no groans or rattles. GM Canada's canuck pricing is out of whack as usual. This one listed for over $58K . The AWD option alone adds more than 3K when its only $900 down south. If they could find a way to drop $10K out of the price it would be in my driveway. The turbo 4 is about $3K less but I don't think I would go there. The 2.5 is a non issue. I think when they build the next camaro off this platform it could be great.
    Just my opinion eh...
    09 GT PBM Base,6K HID's and relay harness, Homelink in visor, sport pedals, GXP rear valance, Pontiac trunk liner
    Infinity's in doors, Kickers on Deck powered by EXILE and 16OHM center spkr, 40' of dynamat, Weathertech floor liners
    20" Rial Porto's with 245R35 front and 275R30 rear Sumutimo HTRIII's and CTS-V Brembo calipers with DBA Rotors and SS lines.
    Pedders GSR struts with OEM height Sport Ryder Springs and SuperPro bushings. DOD deleted.
    Solo HFC's with Mach Balanced w/J pipes and resonators + 3.5" tips, Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS custom cam
    Tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B&M
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

New DD 2013 Buick Regal GS, Diamond White, IPF Tuned...

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a blast with the ATS 3.6 at the CTS-V Lab event in Chicago last year.

It was a lot of fun!
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Gotta promise not to stop
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post
    I had a blast with the ATS 3.6 at the CTS-V Lab event in Chicago last year.

It was a lot of fun!
    Yep. The 3.6 is awesome.

2009 Cadillac CTS-V | Crystal Red Tintcoat | Ebony
    KPE Catback | Airaid Cold Air Intake | Tuned by Kaltech Tuning and Performance

2013 Mustang GT | Sterling Gray | Saddle | -- Sold (7/31/14)
    Stuff | 550 RWHP

2009 G8 GT | Stryker Blue | Onyx | -- Sold (8/3/13)
    Giant cam | 4200 Coan Stall Converter | ARH Headers | Other stuff | 440 RWHP