• Hi-Flow cats

16 22.54%
  • Long Tubes

42 59.15%
  • Electronic cut-outs

1 1.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How will you modify your exhaust?

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Did you see the video I added?
    Did you ever do a sound clip with muffs?
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to have headers but I've seen to many people have issues with them and stock is best for reliability IMO so I was thinking the stock manifolds and maybe some high flow cats to go along with my MF exhaust.

My car is a daily driver and quiet and comfy are high on my list of things. Manifolds offer the quiet that I need and the MF adds a bit of bark too.

Plus mine is a lease...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

All around good guy but prefer warm Louisiana Mississippi Florida coast.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of problems with the headers can be substantially reduced or maybe eliminated by having or getting them coated before hand. I believe a lot of it is heat related and this should go a long way towards a trouble free mod.

It would be nice if those that get them for the G8 would report back to us with issues\answers to them.

Just

Cheers!
    Regards,

EC-Ryder

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Soon! We will know all!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Did you ever do a sound clip with muffs?
    Not yet, I did get the batteries though. After seeing the Kooks video all the way through, I'll make a couple videos. I'm currently working on a house project, so it'll be later.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck!

Even if there's an improvement I would be tempted to try wrapping some thick high temp insulation outside only. Of course that will probably cause other unforeseen consequences! LOL!

Cheer!
    Regards,

EC-Ryder

Post Thanks / Like

My headers now have that beautiful gold color. No bluing anywhere yet.

Post Thanks / Like

That's good to know Ray...

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of metal shield with air in between to cool things down if heat should become an issue still with coated headers.

Cheers!.
    Regards,

EC-Ryder

Post Thanks / Like

I've been watching my underhood temps, and they aren't much different. Using my Dashhawk to monitor IAT shows about the same with idle in stopped traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

I just going to do shorties. I really want to keep the volume level down on this car. Right now with the stock manifold and magnaflows it's just where I want it. I would love to LT's, but the noise and cost is deterring me.
    Panther Black GT, Roto-Fab Intake, Custom Exhaust, HP Tuners