Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: League Bowlers

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I roll a 15lb ball. Tried a 16 and didn't get any higher pin count. 15 also gives me a little extra speed for dry lanes without having to change to a different ball. I hear you on the shoulder thing, but my issue is carpal tunnel. Being an IT admin hasn't helped out as I'm sitting at a computer typing all day. Hasn't helped my game a bit.

I wouldn't trade it for any bowling ball past or present. It is so forgiving it's not even funny. I've rolled multiple 297's and 298's with it and choked, but definately not the balls fault. I'm a decent bowler, but far from good. I think my highest avg a 7 years ago was 225, but I bowled 2 or 3 times a week. I just started bowling again in a church league last year with my son after taking off for probably 7 years. Still a little rusty only bowling every other week. I hate 10 pins, but pick up about half of them.

I will say that the one I have was not approved for the pba national tour at the time. I don't know if they make anything close to this one anymore.

The Low RG (2.50), High Differential (.073) weight block is illegal by today's USBC standards, but since it was approved prior to the rule change it is perfectly legal for all USBC and PBA Regional competition.

The Sure Griptm solid reactive coverstock is a performance proven winner over the last several years and is still one of the highest friction coverstocks on the market today.

SD-73 CLASSIC� Ball Facts
    Coverstock Sure Grip� Solid Reactive
    Weight Block High density cylinder with "flip" block
    Ball Color Purple
    Ball Finish 1000 Abralon
    Durometer 73-75 Rex D-scale
    Flare Potential 9"+ (High)
    Fragrance none
    Weights 12 - 16 lbs.
    Last edited by Tempest2000; 04-10-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    Livernois Stage 1 cam, valve job, milled heads, ported intake, kooks mid length 1 7/8 headers, corsa cat back, rotofab CAI, Pedders XA Street Kit, BMR trailing arms.

427 RWHP / 397 RWTQ

Vertini Riviera 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5. Bridgestone Pole Position 245/40/19 Fr and 275/35/19 Rr

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking at a Virtual Gravity, but just don't think I can make it work for my style, but I am looking at Storm and RotoGrip. I think they are 2 of the brands I haven't tried.
    I do like the new Blue Hammer. It has the old school Blue Hammer cover stock, but uses the Vibe core technology. The ball flat out kills it in light oil to dry conditions. Very smooth, but if you put a lot on it.....very explosive ball. I like the reaction of Hammer balls. I have a Black Widow Pearl, Blue Vibe, Cherry Vibe, Midnite Vibe, No Mercy and a few other Hammers. I like how you can use their aggressive balls in games 1 and 2 and switch balls for the 3rd and shoot the same line and still get the same response.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post
    I roll a 15lb ball. Tried a 16 and didn't get any higher pin count. 15 also gives me a little extra speed for dry lanes without having to change to a different ball. I hear you on the shoulder thing, but my issue is carpal tunnel. Being an IT admin hasn't helped out as I'm sitting at a computer typing all day. Hasn't helped my game a bit.

I wouldn't trade it for any bowling ball past or present. It is so forgiving it's not even funny. I've rolled multiple 297's and 298's with it and choked, but definately not the balls fault. I'm a decent bowler, but far from good. I think my highest avg a 7 years ago was 225, but I bowled 2 or 3 times a week. I just started bowling again in a church league last year with my son after taking off for probably 7 years. Still a little rusty only bowling every other week. I hate 10 pins, but pick up about half of them.

I will say that the one I have was not approved for the pba national tour at the time. I don't know if they make anything close to this one anymore.

The Low RG (2.50), High Differential (.073) weight block is illegal by today's USBC standards, but since it was approved prior to the rule change it is perfectly legal for all USBC and PBA Regional competition.

The Sure Griptm solid reactive coverstock is a performance proven winner over the last several years and is still one of the highest friction coverstocks on the market today.

SD-73 CLASSIC� Ball Facts
    Coverstock Sure Grip� Solid Reactive
    Weight Block High density cylinder with "flip" block
    Ball Color Purple
    Ball Finish 1000 Abralon
    Durometer 73-75 Rex D-scale
    Flare Potential 9"+ (High)
    Fragrance none
    Weights 12 - 16 lbs.
    I looked it up and that is a awesome ball. Damn.....Car parts, trick tools and bowling balls and I wonder where all my $$$$ goes! lol
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I like a bowling ball that has a high flare potential and breaks late for my bowling style. I don't like some bowling balls that hook so far and then roll into the pocket straight. Seems I get better pin count with an aggressive back end that doesn't flatten out.
    Livernois Stage 1 cam, valve job, milled heads, ported intake, kooks mid length 1 7/8 headers, corsa cat back, rotofab CAI, Pedders XA Street Kit, BMR trailing arms.

427 RWHP / 397 RWTQ

Vertini Riviera 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5. Bridgestone Pole Position 245/40/19 Fr and 275/35/19 Rr

Post Thanks / Like

Ask Wendy, she'll tell you. LOL
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post
    I like a bowling ball that has a high flare potential and breaks late for my bowling style. I don't like some bowling balls that hook so far and then roll into the pocket straight. Seems I get better pin count with an aggressive back end that doesn't flatten out.
    Agreed! I like a ball that is moving into the pocket strong. It seems if they don't you get those pocket splits or too many solid 7s or 10s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Ask Wendy, she'll tell you. LOL
    Isn't it past your bedtime youngster?

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I picked up 20 pins the very first time I bowled with it. It masks a bad roll more than anything. Something I need from time to time lol.

I can afford bowling a whole lot easier than my car. Just found out my wife is pregnant. Her 3rd and my 1st. Just bought an 2000 escalade with 85k miles on it for the family commuter. Glad to have my first kid, but it's not puking on my car
    Supercharger has been put on hold till I pay off the car. Oh yeah and my AC at the house just went out. $3300.

427 RWHP / 397 RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I like a ball that will come back if you "swing" it out to no mans land. Its like "shit shit shit...BAM! I meant to do that." lol

Congrats on your 1st child. It is an awesome thing. I can not believe my son is 20.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had done this sooner. It is kind of nice to talk about the other things we are into besides our cars.