Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Evap delete?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Evap delete?

has anyone done this? if so what did you all do? im looking to clean up the engine bay a bit

Post Thanks / Like

the "not ready" code that will ensue will likely fail emissions. I do not think you can turn off readiness monitors. Just in case you have emissions testing. And Evap readiness codes are the hardest to get to "set".
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by todds87ss View Post
    the "not ready" code that will ensue will likely fail emissions. I do not think you can turn off readiness monitors. Just in case you have emissions testing. And Evap readiness codes are the hardest to get to "set".
    They can be set in just seconds with the correct "tuning" software

2009 G8 Procharged/Cammed 10.55@134.3 1.60 -SOLD
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cam only 10.62@126.7 1.44'

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeeSeven View Post
    has anyone done this? if so what did you all do? im looking to clean up the engine bay a bit
    Consider re-locating it instead.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

well, i broke one of the clips taking the darn thing off, so i was hoping to just seal it up where it gets to the engine bay at the back and tune out the appropriate codes. then trash everything else... i just dont know if that will work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeeSeven View Post
    well, i broke one of the clips taking the darn thing off, so i was hoping to just seal it up where it gets to the engine bay at the back and tune out the appropriate codes. then trash everything else... i just dont know if that will work
    I broke mine when installing the Maggie, even though Daniel had just told me 1 minute before to be careful and not break the clips. We pulled it all out and used HP tuners to set the codes to always show ready.

I had zero issues with mine as far as driving it, but I was getting a faint gas smell, so I ended up just ordering a replacement Evap Selenoid from Greg and putting it all back on.

Daniel has his off and pulled the return line (I think) up closer to the gas tank and hasn't had an issue with fuel vapor smell.
    09.5 LR G8 GXP A6
    For mods list, honk 3 times.