Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Wobbly Wheel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wobbly Wheel

I decided to change my winter wheels for my summer wheels today. I took it to my "trusty" dealer and 1.5 hours later I was back on the road. I had'nt gone more than 2km when a van behind me was honking at me and flashing his lights. When I stopped he told me my rear right wheel looked like it was about to fall off. I cautiously returned to the dealer and told them of this. They took it back in and 20 minutes later returned to say it was fine and the lug nuts were all torqued to spec. So I drove home. I asked my wife to drive around a parking lot while I watched to make sure it was ok. Sure enough I could see a slight wobble and a once per revolution scraping noise. My wife had an appointment, and phoned me a little later to say someone stopped her to say the wheel looked like it was about to fall off. After her appointment she drove it home carefully. I am going back to the dealer tomorrow for a thourough examination of that wheel. Would anyone know what this could be?

Post Thanks / Like

You don't notice it when your driving the car?

The wheel might be bent
    2009 SBM G8GT (Garage Queen)
    Best Time- 12.640 @ 111.78 1.994 60' w/2.92 gears NOW- 3.45s and fast!
    click on any colored words in sig for more detail
    8222 miles and resting 8/16/2020

Post Thanks / Like

Mystery solved! It turns out one ofthe spacers went unnoticed from my winter wheel setup. It was stuck to the hub. The guy putting on my summers didn't see it. When I took it back I told them to do a thorough inspection and they found it. I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious. Next time I will warn them there are spacers.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously a loose nut behind the steering wheel. LOL Glad it was not serious.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)