Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reversing Stock Sub wires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peterg22000 View Post
    All
    hmmmmm......guess I'm going to have to get this done here one of these days
    2008 PBM G8GT, TVS1900, Rick Crawford blower cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Corsa Cat-back, CHenry Tuned, RotoFab, BP Catch Can, Pedders Lowered Touring Suspension w/ sway bars, CTS-V wheels, Brembos front/rear, in-dash GPS/Bluetooth, de-chromed

Post Thanks / Like

was it jus the connector that was wrong? cuz i pretty much rewired the rear deck with new speakers and subs. i took off the plug and pluged in wires directly. dont really hear distortions

Post Thanks / Like

Done. It seems to sound better, but we'll see when I take her out.
    '09 MGM G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Just did this and wow WOW my infinity refrence speakers sound amazing now

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?devzlc

Post Thanks / Like

My pass side was blue on top stock and the drivers side was green on top stock. Normal?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Writeup

If you shine a light into the end of the connector you will see where the metal pin meets plastic... That is where you need to push down at, NOT all the way back. I pushed down/tried to get under the plastic and pry up... After figuring that out they slipped right out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peterg22000 View Post
    All
    I'm not so sure about this. My stereo was wired incorrectly and now it sounds great after I swapped the wires. I have a buddy with an '09 G8 GT and we were going to listen to his stereo to make sure his were also wired incorrectly because he wanted to also do this "mod". We played the exact same song with the exact same radio settings in my car after doing the wire swap and in his car before doing the wire swap. They sounded identical. His appear to have been wired correctly from the factory.
    New (cheap monthly payment car, lol): '12 Candy Apple Red Mustang GT 5.0 6MT, stock for the time being

**SOLD **
    White Hot '09 G8 GT, Pat G tune, Pat G cam (.634"/.608", 223/230, 112 + 2), G8-4-Speed ported & milled heads, "ram air" intake, & ported TB; Reckart 90mm MAF/LS7 card, HSRK, DT headers, Rotofab, Magnaflow CB, H & R springs, stock gears & stock stall, 11.865 @ 120.32 mph, 1.941 sec 60'

Post Thanks / Like

I'm by no means a hardcore audiophile, but this was definetely an improvement overall imo. I do notice occasionally on some XM stations or depending on whom the artist is you do seem to lose some midrange, still thumbs up overall.
    Also DavesG8GT, they are not wired incorrectly from the factory, if you search some of the other threads dedicated to swapping the wires you will get a pretty good explanation, this thread is just the easiest way to do it.
    2009 SSM GTS-V, Corsa, Rotofab CAI w/HSRK & Rad Cover, SC Cortex, GXP Front/Rear, CTSV's /PS2's summer, GXP's/RSA's winter, Triple Gauges & Smokers Pack, Sharkfin, Homelink Visor, Gentex Mirror, Weathertech's, Holden Console Lid, 35% window tint, Brembo's/slotted DBA's front & rear, UPR Catchcan
    1996 BR WS6 R/A Trans Am, 1 owner, 18,000 miles, LT4 conv, B&B Triflo, BMR LCA's, BMR Panhard, TA Rear Diff Cover, Hotchkis Strut Brace

F-1 Fan!

Post Thanks / Like

Great writeup. I just finished this a few hours ago. After I figured out how to get the wires out of the clip, it was a breeze.

Post Thanks / Like

Now you guys know you don't have to pull the wires. Just undo the plug and turn it upside down. Trim off a bit of plastic and it fits perfectly.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery