Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second Skin Audio-Damplifier Pro and Overkill Pro

Post Thanks / Like

It couldn't hurt. I have a lot of experience with materials very similar in helicopters. It works great. We experienced a drop in db SIL by 14 and dba by 10. To guage that, 7 db SIL difference is like half the volume. Even several small pieces over the large areas, i.e. the trunk lid and such, will greatly reduce the sound levels. I commend Hotshoot as this is a lot of work and something you have to take your time with or it would not be worth it in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ...

I was wondering if you could let me know if sporadic placement of second skin regular dampener on just the plasic door panels and on the rear deck is good enough to simply quell vibration?

I have a little bit left over from when I stripped my 08 civic si, but I don't want to to do that much work to this car, just the minimum to get the most bang for my buck.

Also wondering if I need to do the trunk as it feels solid and is already cloth covered...

Post Thanks / Like

That is a LOT of sound deadener. I did something like this on my GTO and it is stone-quiet. Personally, 2nd Skin seems too pricey to me, as there are other products that are a better value.