Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZL1 Pump Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Default ZL1 Pump Kit

Edit : New kit available See below.

You can install a ZL1 fuel pump into the G8 for added fuel volume.

We offer a ZL1 kit that includes:
    ZL1 fuel pump module
    Jet pump crossover tube
    Lower PSI fuel pressure regulator
    Secondary fuel level sender and connector.
    Current price is going to be $360.95 plus shipping.

You will then need to contact Carl @ Vaporworx for a fuel pump power connector and ZL1 fuel pressure regulator adapter. (around $40.00 for the parts)

This method will require dropping the fuel tank to install the secondary fuel sender and new crossover tube.

This kit is not on our site yet so PM or Email me if you are interested.
    -Greg

EDIT
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT
    Now available is a complete ZL1/1LE fuel pump upgrade kit.
    GMP-19260557
    This kit includes a brand new ZL1 fuel pump module, fuel level sender, 58 psi regulator, and the Vaporworx adapter kit (pigtail connector, regulator adapter, and crossover tube adapter)

Or if you already have the pump module and regulator from we also over the Vaporworx kit separate under part number G8ZL1MKIT
    Last edited by Greg@PacePerformance; 08-19-2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Updated kit
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

not that I'd be buying one but how much can it support
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Shane is using this pump for over 600 with his BAP running.
    I would say 500 to 550 maybe.
    888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

What is the difference between this and the CTS-v kit that your putting in your GXP?
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

greg can you not cut access on both sides instead of dropping the tank? I already have my solution just wondering for others out there who may go the zl1 route

6. Likes Arcangel2479 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why you couldn't cut two access holes instead of dropping the tank.

The difference between this one and the and the CTS-V version that is in my GXP and in a few other cars very soon is this is a single 255lph pump and the V pump is a dual 190lph pump (I think) that must be powered by a PWM controller.

The V kit is a better all around option than the ZL1 pump but the cost is a little over double that of this system.
    888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@PacePerformance View Post
    You can install a ZL1 fuel pump into the G8 for added fuel volume.

We offer a ZL1 kit that includes:
    ZL1 fuel pump module
    Jet pump crossover tube
    Lower PSI fuel pressure regulator
    Secondary fuel level sender and connector.
    Current price is going to be $360.95 plus shipping.

You will then need to contact Carl @ Vaporworx for a fuel pump power connector and ZL1 fuel pressure regulator adapter. (around $40.00 for the parts)

This method will require dropping the fuel tank to install the secondary fuel sender and new crossover tube.

This kit is not on our site yet so PM or Email me if you are interested.
    -Greg
    Greg .....did I get "everthing" i need from for you this install? (minus the pump itself)..............?
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

What is the purpose of replacing the level sender on the secondary pump? Is it incompatible with the sender that comes on the zl1 pump? I assume the G8 secondary level sender will not play nice with the ZL1 primary level sender?

Post Thanks / Like

The reason was so there was not any cutting needed to the stock crossover tube. I'm in talks with Carl to sell an adapter piece to mate the G8 crossover tube to the ZL1 pump. This will eliminate the need to "create" an adapter like everyone has done up until now.
    888-748-4655

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

Oh. Ok thanks for clearing that up. So you can just install the zl1 pump and wiring if you can adapt the crossover tube to the smaller zl1 nipple.