Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for GM bulletin PIP4395F

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

all the people that work for dealerships live with a concept that car is a car just to use it and abuse it without realizing that some of us are very passionate toads their cars and want the car to work flawlessly just like when it were new. So when you tell them you feel something wrong they think you are nuts as long as the car runs and no lights are on then its fine. I have not had any experience with any other brand but GM so I am very curious to find out if Toyota or Nissan works the same. Lately I see these people joining the boards that are supposedly GM representatives as soon as you create a thread that you are experiencing an issue they write to you please contact your dealer to resolve the problem. Most of the dealers are no help at all. You are lucky if you find a good one that will work with you and help you resolve your issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRG963 View Post
    It's not G8 specific...

Do you have a clunk when shifting from P to D or P to R after a cold start?
    Do you have any abnormal gear shifts, not like the other shifts?
    You said that you have a 2-3 flare, correct?

It's better to complain about specific problems, and suggest the GM bulletin as a fix. Let them diagnose to be sure.
    I do have an occasional clunk from P to R. My main complaint is manual mode 2-3 shift. On 60-100% acceleration, shift from 2-3 pauses then slams hard into gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My slight clunk from p to d or r was remedied by adding a bit of fluid... when I installed the trans cooler I redid the fill routine and since then, silky smooth. Those of you with the clunk, have you checked that?
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macvicar24 View Post
    I do have an occasional clunk from P to R. My main complaint is manual mode 2-3 shift. On 60-100% acceleration, shift from 2-3 pauses then slams hard into gear.

This is EXACTLY what I had/complained about, turned out they, from my paperwork, "found seals from valve body to transmission case were distorted and leaking".

Betting the clunk into gear is also caused by this.

This is the exact wording....
    They found the car had "double engauge" when moving from reverse to drive, checked parameters with tech 2, all were good. Line pressure normal, fluid ok, removed valve body/module assembly and found seals from valve body to transmission case were distorted and leaking, replaced transmission seals, refill fluid, reset shift adapts.
    Last edited by SRG963; 02-22-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRG963 View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I had/complained about, turned out they, from my paperwork, "found seals from valve body to transmission case were distorted and leaking".
    Interesting. I have a feeling with my local dealer they will check it and say its normal. I thought about driving it hard and keep slamming 2-3 shifts until it breaks. Then they will be forced to fix it. It sucks with these dealerships. They really want your car to come in busted. They have no idea what prevention is.

Post Thanks / Like

That was one of the three complaints I had related to the transmission. They didn't test my 2-3 shift, as they found the "clunk" into gear problem enough to investigate.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED