Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for GM bulletin PIP4395F

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for GM bulletin PIP4395F

Trying to get a PDF or be able to print the updated bulletin on the 2-3 flare issue. I need to take my car in for this problem. My dealership is difficult to work with. So I need some type of documentation to prove to them what I am talking about.

Anyhow, I wanted to see if anyone has access to the most recent bulletin of this issue. The most recent bulletin number I can find is PIP-4395F.

Thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not G8 specific...

Do you have a clunk when shifting from P to D or P to R after a cold start?
    Do you have any abnormal gear shifts, not like the other shifts?
    You said that you have a 2-3 flare, correct?

It's better to complain about specific problems, and suggest the GM bulletin as a fix. Let them diagnose to be sure.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the clunk and jerk on cold start and took my car to the dealer last week and they said its normal they had 2 G8s there and showed me that they do the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roman1978 View Post
    I have the clunk and jerk on cold start and took my car to the dealer last week and they said its normal they had 2 G8s there and showed me that they do the same thing.
    Sounds like they have 3 G8's in need of warranty work IMO.

It's not normal. The car should not "clunk", it should go into gear smoothly.

I bet most G8's have an issue with the transmission seals, and don't even know it.
    Trigger

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

My dealer tried to convince me that my diff whine was normal. After I laughed at them, they said oh you have plenty of time left in your warranty. We'll take care of it when it gets louder.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

this is my second tranny already and it only has 20k on it and yet problems agaoin. they told me if it gets vorse bring it in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey72 View Post
    My dealer tried to convince me that my diff whine was normal. After I laughed at them, they said oh you have plenty of time left in your warranty. We'll take care of it when it gets louder.
    It's like GM isn't paying them to do warranty work, WTF?

I would tell them that you want it fixed now! That way, there will be plenty of time remaining on your warranty if it starts to happen again.

this is my second tranny already and it only has 20k on it and yet problems again. they told me if it gets worse bring it in.
    I hate the response "Bring it back when it's worse". Where's the customer service in that statement?
    Did you ask them how much worse she would have to get in order to qualify your vehicle for warranty work?....how about it's not supposed to clunk into gear....Period! lol

I recommend taking the G8 to a Cadillac dealership for service. Cadillac Of South Charlotte did excellent warranty work on my G8. Got her back shifting as smooth as a Cadillac, without any dreaded "dealer damage". Replaced all my lifters as well as oil pan gasket, rear main seal and some other misc items. Now, I have no clunk into gear, and no engine lifter tick.
    Trigger

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

It's important to be kind to your service writer, but be persistent with getting warranty work completed when you want, not when they want.
    Trigger

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i am always nice and respectful to the service writers but unfortunately they have no power over the work that needs to be done its the service managers that are responsible for making that decision. I will try to bring it again see if anuthing can be done.

Post Thanks / Like

i am always nice and respectful to the service writers but unfortunately they have no power over the work that needs to be done its the service managers that are responsible for making that decision. I will try to bring it again see if anuthing can be done.
    I love the fact that even if I try to explain something I just get a blank stare, as if somehow my insight is equivalent to someone that doesn't know or doesn't give a crap about his car.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader