Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DOD Vibration

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand how it would be positive for those who must drive long distances, but for me it sucks. I typically motor around town dropping kids off and going to work, so I'm rarely on the highway. My typical MPG average (last 1000) is 14 to 16, so DoD isn't active for me often, but enough for me not to like it. I'm a prime candidate for the GXP.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Smitty use manual modes in the city when possible. 1 its more fun to drive and it stops a lot of the irritation.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tnednepedni View Post
    I placed the console in diag mode so that I can see when the AFM say FULL or HALF.
    Everytime it switches to HALF I feel the vibration.
    Appears to be worse on lower speeds. RPM is allways below 2K.
    Kind of sounds like a manual running too low an RMPM for gear.
    I feel a slight vibration. Just ignore it though. How, if I may ask, did you place your DIC in that mode? Is that the process of holding in the left thumbwheel and starting the car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8GTlawride View Post
    How, if I may ask, did you place your DIC in that mode? Is that the process of holding in the left thumbwheel and starting the car?
    Yup. Engineering mode.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Smitty use manual modes in the city when possible. 1 its more fun to drive and it stops a lot of the irritation.
    Yes doing this is a must. What DOD ha! Then only time my car is in Drive mode is when i have the girl with me because she does not like her head hitting the head rest all the time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    I noticed that if I do M4-M5 It still goes into AFM, but the vibration stops and mpgs are not effected.
    From my understanding, AFM should not come on when in manual. Once you get HPT, you can see that the settings for AFM are not active when in manual mode. I never tried to see what engineering mode said when in manual.
    Panther Black GT, Roto-Fab Intake, Custom Exhaust, HP Tuners

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never noticed my car going into DOD mode...I've been trying to watch for it but can never tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Hold down the left roller switch on the left side of the steering wheel then turn the key on. You can use the same roller to switch between the various settings. When you see Active Fuel management, stop.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great, one more thing to play with while I'm driving.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine does go into DOD in M4.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G