Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: New V6 for 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New V6 for 2010?

In the Consumer Reports this month, they mentioned that the G8 would be getting a new 6 for 2010. I have not seen this referenced anywhere else.... does anyone have any info on this?

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

We'd heard about the DI V6 from the CTS getting dropped in.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep that's the rumor we heard.

Makes sense! Better power and fuel mileage.

Wish they'd drop in ALL 300bhp too but I doubt it.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...That's great news if it's true. I'm going to take a hard look at the G8 when my current lease is up next Fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4GASEM View Post
    Yep that's the rumor we heard.

Makes sense! Better power and fuel mileage.

Wish they'd drop in ALL 300bhp too but I doubt it.
    Don't see why they wouldn't, the Camaro is getting the LLT it should be a forgone conclusion the G8 would...
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

This is in addition to the 6L V8 I hope?
    2009 Liquid Red G8 GT, Stealth VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Vararam Ram Air, VMS HSRK, Front Panel Mod, axle-back straight pipes with capped Helmholtz chamber.

Post Thanks / Like

The LLT (3.6L Direct Injection V6) would be replacing the current LY7 (3.6L DOHC V6).

As far as I know, there's also a chance that the L76 will be replaced with the L99. Which also would be good for us.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless they make an even more powerful version of the GXP, the GT won't get the L99. The auto GXP should get the L99, being an LS3 with AFM and VVT.

They may drop the L76 all together though, since the Camaro isn't getting it. So maybe the L99 will come, and either the GXP or GT goes away.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't make sense to keep the L76 since it's unique to the GT. I agree with the speculation that the L99 or some variation of the LS3 will join the 3.6 DI as the two available engines. The DI would boost hp by ~40, so boosting the GT's hp by ~40 wouldn't be completely out of the question. Of course, that would force them to do something more for the GXP, which would anger anyone who gets a GXP this year. Maybe two versions of the L99? ~380 hp in the GT, and a hot 425 or so in the GXP.
    2008 Liquid Red G8 GT - stock until it doesn't feel fast enough anymore