Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GM recalling 38,000 Pontiac G8s over air-bag issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default GM recalling 38,000 Pontiac G8s over air-bag issue

Associated Press

DETROIT - General Motors Co. is recalling 38,400 Pontiac G8 models to reprogram the front-passenger air-bag module.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Saturday that the air-bag modules for the 2008 and 2009 models might not comply with federal standards for head injury protection.

No complaints, crashes or injuries have been reported related to the issue, GM said.

But the company found that in case of a crash, the air-bag sensor could be delayed and put some passengers at increased risk for a head injury. GM said crash tests found that the risk was limited but slightly higher for small women sitting in the front passenger seat.

GM dealers will reprogram the sensing and diagnostic module at no charge.

The G8 was manufactured in Australia and imported to the United States
    2009.5 MGM G8 GT,VG Shark Fin,35% Tint,Auto Dim Mirror,Weather Tech Mats,V8 6.0L Emblems,K&N Filter,Holden Pontiac Trunk Liner,Full size 19" Spare & Jack Tool Kit,Kahtec Blinking Third Brake Light.

2009 PBM G8 GT,VG Shark Fin,35% Tint,Auto Dim Mirror,Weather Tech Mats,V8 6.0L Emblems,K&N Filter,Redline Shift Boot,Doug Thorley Cat Back,GXP Rear Difusser,Holden Pontiac Trunk Liner,Full size 19" Spare & Jack Tool Kit,Kahtec Blinking Third Brake Light, G8 Roof Rack.

1974 Grand Prix SJ 1973 Cutlass Supreme

Post Thanks / Like

This is good new!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Meant to post in TSB and Recall section, Moderators please move in correct section.
    2009.5 MGM G8 GT,VG Shark Fin,35% Tint,Auto Dim Mirror,Weather Tech Mats,V8 6.0L Emblems,K&N Filter,Holden Pontiac Trunk Liner,Full size 19" Spare & Jack Tool Kit,Kahtec Blinking Third Brake Light.

2009 PBM G8 GT,VG Shark Fin,35% Tint,Auto Dim Mirror,Weather Tech Mats,V8 6.0L Emblems,K&N Filter,Redline Shift Boot,Doug Thorley Cat Back,GXP Rear Difusser,Holden Pontiac Trunk Liner,Full size 19" Spare & Jack Tool Kit,Kahtec Blinking Third Brake Light, G8 Roof Rack.

1974 Grand Prix SJ 1973 Cutlass Supreme

Post Thanks / Like

higher for small women sitting in the front passenger seat
    I know a couple of people have mentioned this before with their wifes in the front seat.

is this ONLY gender specific...
    2009 SBM G8GT (Garage Queen)
    Best Time- 12.640 @ 111.78 1.994 60' w/2.92 gears NOW- 3.45s and fast!
    click on any colored words in sig for more detail
    8222 miles and resting 8/16/2020

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffA View Post
    I know a couple of people have mentioned this before with their wifes in the front seat.

is this ONLY gender specific...
    haha.... So to solve the problem, make sure to leave the wife at home.

'09 PBM GT: 579hp/ 552tq - SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

Or in the backseat where she belongs! Shotgun is for bros, not hoes! LOL I'll probably get a shiv tonight in bed for this one...
    2009 Switchblade Silver G8 GT - Sold - Skinnies & Fullsize spare for sale in classifieds

Post Thanks / Like

This is good news.
    2009 Hot White G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium
    Show: Tint 25%-F 15%-R, Billet grill inserts, rockford fosgate audio, gxp diffuser, eibach pro springs,

Go: Kooks 1 7/8 LT w/catted x-pipe, SLP loudmouf Axle Backs, BMR subframe connectors, bmr tunnel trace, BMR trailing arms w/ bushings, BMR adjustable toe rods, BMR adjustable control arms, billet prototype catchcan, Yanks 3200 stall, L92 Stage 2 heads, thunderracing custom cam 223/235 .610/.620 on a 115 LSA, Kenne bell BAP, magnacharger TVS 2300 w/ rotofab cai, Tuned by 21st Centurty Muscle Cars

Murk...or be Murked! Protect Your Chest!

Post Thanks / Like

I had my first airbag light last week after I started it up, my wife was not in the car. I shut it down and restarted and everything was fine. i know alot of people have posted about having airbag light issues, wonder if this is the real reason behind the recall. Its funny that they said nobody has complaints.
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

Now GM needs to recall the struts, door lock mechanism and rotors and we're good to go LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supersport79 View Post
    Now GM needs to recall the struts, door lock mechanism and rotors and we're good to go LOL
    I agree .. I also can add a few more things but fat chance in hell GM will do this. GM rotors always have been junk .. the struts should of been a no brainer but GM w/ brains = dangerous.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"