Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GM recalling 38,000 Pontiac G8s over air-bag issue

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the official letter GM sent to the NHTSA on the matter:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/do...1V534-5404.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! ^^ My G8 goes in on Thursday ..will bring this up to them.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

They mention that reprogramming the airbag module is necessary...is this going to be an issue if i have an ECM/TCM tune on the car? Now that I have the GXP differential in the car I don't think I'm able to put everything completely back to stock before bringing it in for dealer visits. Should I be worried that they'll notice I have the car tuned when performing this recall?
    Last edited by I12XLR8; 11-07-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: spelin' sux ;-)
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^+1 on this.
    My warranty is gone now that I put the 2300 on but don't want to have to go back to my tuner and have him reinstall my tune. Hope this will not effect the whole ECM/TCM.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on this as well, Will I need to reflash back to stock from my VMS Tune?

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this on another web site:

"The flaw affects some 38,444 G8 models manufactured between November 2, 2007 and January 22, 2009."
    2009 G8 GT Maverick Silver Metallic, Premium and Sport Packages, Holden Radiator Cover, GXP Front Fascia and Rear Diffuser, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Mufflers
    V6 Tail Lights, Pedders XA Coilovers, Sub Frame Connectors and Radius Rod Bushings, DBA T-3 Rotors and Hawk Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Steve from VMS thinks it's unlikely that anything in the ECM/TCM tunes will be affected but can't be sure. I'll wait until they contact me on this one...

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I12XLR8 View Post
    Steve from VMS thinks it's unlikely that anything in the ECM/TCM tunes will be affected but can't be sure. I'll wait until they contact me on this one...
    I'll wait as well. Does anyone know a mod friendly dealer in the North Dallas area?
    09.5 LR G8 GXP A6
    For mods list, honk 3 times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supersport79 View Post
    Now GM needs to recall the struts, door lock mechanism and rotors and we're good to go LOL
    Wait, whaaa.....?? THREE recalls? Thankfully, I haven't (so far) had any issues with the struts or door lock mechanism (what happens to it?), rotors aren't really that bad.

All I've had so far (30k miles), I managed to talk the dealer into doing the full pump kit on PIP4395E, the floor mat retainer broke, and I forgot to tell the dealer how goddam slow my driver's window comes up. Maybe if you guys tell me about the struts and door locks I can schmooze the dealer into these preemptive strikes (err, warranty fixes ) before 36k! I'll fix the rotors by doing a CTS-V swap from Greg@WasSlow
    2009 Switchblade Silver G8 GT - Sold - Skinnies & Fullsize spare for sale in classifieds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laserred View Post
    I forgot to tell the dealer how goddam slow my driver's window comes up.
    Apparently this is 'normal' operation - it appears that all of our cars do this ;-(

Quote Originally Posted by laserred View Post
    I'll fix the rotors by doing a CTS-V swap from Greg@WasSlow
    Good call! It sure looks awesome...