Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I spent my summer vacation...

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How I spent my summer vacation...

So I've been absent lately. I know...

I actually got tired of playing with cars. It happens to me every now and then. It lead to me starting competition shooting 19 years ago. That's what I got back into this past Spring. I set a goal, and luckily did what I set out to do.

Also, Jr football started in July. I help coach my son's team. This is his 3rd year. He hasn't completed a season, until this year. He always gets hurt, but not while playing football. He gets hurt doing other things, during the season.

This year, we had him starting at Center and I took away all forms of wheeled conveyance. Hell, I didn't even want him traversing steps...

July 22nd, practice starts. 4 days a week, 2 hours a day. It goes to 3 days a week when school starts after Labor day.

12 teams in the League, 6 per Division. The top 4 in each Division go to the playoffs (4-8minute quarters is a game)

Well, we just won our first playoff game! We beat a team that we lost to during the regular season and we beat them soundly. 20-0

Next week, we play in the Division Championship game. The week after that is the "SuperBowl".

I am so proud of all these boys, but especially my linemen. They are "mine". They kept the other team on the other side of the field all night. They never saw the other side of the "50".

My Offensive line...

closest to far...

Quinton
    Nate
    Jack
    George <---My Mini-Me
    Zack
    Matt (can't see him in this pic)
    Mike

Robbie at QB

I don't have a pic of my D, but Mike, Nate, Zack, Tre(not in this pic)are my starters, with George and Cameron(not in this pic) switching in. (We run a 4-4)

I can't wait until next Saturday night. We will probably play another team that beat us during the regular season. A team that I and the other coaches believe we should not have lost to. I'll know tomorrow who we play. I'm going to scout that game.

But even if we lose, I really won't care. This has been a great year. My son is beginning to learn, at 9 years old, that if you put in time and effort you can succeed at what you set out to do.

TL;DR
    I wanted to brag about my son and his friends...

PS.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that my 11yo daughter and her cheer squad won all three events at her cheer championship a few weeks ago. They beat the other 5 teams in their Division in Hometown Cheer, Hello Cheer, and Dance.

Last edited by GeorgeInNePa; 10-22-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Another stock mustang wnt2gofst's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. It is great watching them play sports and stuff. I know it great when I take leave and get to watch my son wrestle or play baseball. Or my daughter with softball.
    2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob-Vance and Hines Short Shot staggered.

2013 F150 Ecoboost- Loaded and stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing that. That's awesome.

Our next FB game is Sun (was moved from Sat). Youth FB is great!

Good luck!
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun. It is great watching them play sports and stuff. I know it great when I take leave and get to watch my son wrestle or play baseball. Or my daughter with softball.
    I always swore I wouldn't be one of those parents that had their kids in everything.

But Audrey swims, wants to play softball this coming year (after doing many years of T-ball and minor farm league baseball), girl scouts, and now wants to do Science Olympiad during the after school program.

George plays minor farm baseball, football, does cub scouts (Webelo) and is going to play basketball this year (wrestling last year).

So I help coach football. I was drafted into baseball coaching because the head coach was one of the guys I coached football with last year (I stood at first base and yelled, "RUN, DON'T LOOK AT IT, RUN!!!!!"). I help with Cub Scouts (I am the "advancement officer", I get to go over what they did on various badges and record everything).

I am a swim team timer. I do anything the Girl Scouts leader needs done. I am being drafted into helping the Science Olympiad team.

Every now and then, I get to play "parent" and sit in the stands and clap...

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacerX View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. That's awesome.

Our next FB game is Sun (was moved from Sat). Youth FB is great!

Good luck!
    It is, both, the most fun and rewarding thing AND the most exasperating and hardest thing I have ever done.

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

You're a good dad George.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    I always swore I wouldn't be one of those parents that had their kids in everything.

But Audrey swims, wants to play softball this coming year (after doing many years of T-ball and minor farm league baseball), girl scouts, and now wants to do Science Olympiad during the after school program.

George plays minor farm baseball, football, does cub scouts (Webelo) and is going to play basketball this year (wrestling last year).

So I help coach football. I was drafted into baseball coaching because the head coach was one of the guys I coached football with last year (I stood at first base and yelled, "RUN, DON'T LOOK AT IT, RUN!!!!!"). I help with Cub Scouts (I am the "advancement officer", I get to go over what they did on various badges and record everything).

I am a swim team timer. I do anything the Girl Scouts leader needs done. I am being drafted into helping the Science Olympiad team.

Every now and then, I get to play "parent" and sit in the stands and clap...

It is, both, the most fun and rewarding thing AND the most exasperating and hardest thing I have ever done.

YA my kids keep busy. My son now wants to do student government.

My daughter does fast pitch softball and soccer.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like they keep you busy.That is great that you are involved with all that they do. Good luck on the big game!!
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

DAD .... When I disappear from the site its not because i want too its because of parental
    duties most of the time.

George pm your address again. I want to send you your Mustang ( ) poster
    that I printed for you.
    -----------------------
    11.350 @ 118.66 / 1.57 60ft [300 DA]

RPM tune, PatG cam, FAST 102, L92 heads ported by Greg Good, Kooks 1 7/8 headers,
    RotoFab 102mm CAI, LS3 maf, UDP, JBA wires, Meziere water pump, SJM linelock,
    Circle D 3600, 3.27 diff with Truetrac, GForce HD axles, Pedders bushings, Spohn trailing arms,
    Camaro rims on the street & CCWs at the track....... SOLD

Looking for a 00-02 Camaro SS with A4

Post Thanks / Like

double post...

Post Thanks / Like

Great work George. There is no luck involved in raising children to be great adults, it's all hard work.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    2009.5 G8 GT, Patrick G. tuned-389rwhp, 379tq

...your lack of faith disturbs me...