Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lets talk stall converters

Post Thanks / Like

do any of you guys have any videos of how your car drives with the converter.ive been serching you tube etc but havent really found anything .
    chris will a circle d 3200 drive like a stock converter at part throttle,and only flair up at say half throttle or more .?
    m9.5 ss ute,rolling on 22/9 &22/10 lexanni lss5 ,duspeed mk11 otr ,duspeed /apc 1 7/8 race merge extractors ,3 inch ballistic racing cats,twin 3 inch into 2.5 inch magnaflow and apc axle backs,kings sssl hd springs ,monroe gt shocks,duspeed vttr big brake kit,lsxr 102 ,nw 102tb,oztrack cam and mafless tune,25%ud/balancer,oztrack gear box tune,.pcm forless transcooler,charlies heater hose kit,oracle headlight kits,full ssv conversion with hsv binicle guages,makes 303 rwkw /412 rwhp,still afm

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SS DAVE View Post
    do any of you guys have any videos of how your car drives with the converter.ive been serching you tube etc but havent really found anything .
    chris will a circle d 3200 drive like a stock converter at part throttle,and only flair up at say half throttle or more .?
    It won't drive exactly like stock. But it is very very close, you will get used to it and think it is stock....

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Most converter are barely noticible during daily driving.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, you're right. I had the headers and the converter installed at the same time. I can tell you that I have time slips that show pre converter, a 2.05 60 ft time, and post converter, consistent 1.77 60 ft times. Almost 3 tenths in just the first 60 ft is a huge difference. All runs were done on the original rims and tires.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone checked their trans temperatures before and after a stall converter. I have been told that the 6AT in these cars run hot when stock, a converter would only make this worse shouldn't it???

What is a good external cooler to use on these?? I want to use AN hose ends and black hose, just for looks. I don't like those cheap bulk rubber hoses and clamps most coolers come with.
    Last edited by rlwjr; 11-01-2011 at 07:35 AM.
    2008 G8 GT Liquid Red #257 of 888 . Kooks LTH, HFC, Variram, and Patrick G tune. BMR Sway Bars

[

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious how much of a mpg loss there is running a 28-3000 stall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SS DAVE View Post
    Here is one with my old cam that made subpar power/torque. The converter feels much tighter with the new cam.

Pat G Custom EPS Cam, 3200 Yank, Kooks 1 7/8" longtubes, FAST 102 LSXR, and a Rotofab CAI. Tuned by Pat G.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a mpg loss? I don't think I can handle many more fuel economy hits and still use this as a daily driver ;-(

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnc16 View Post
    I'm curious how much of a mpg loss there is running a 28-3000 stall.
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

With a Yank Converter how do they go along with a pwm lockup? One mechanic told me they were not compatible. But Shane states all is well. With the new hp tuners software is all well with a yank on lock up?
    2009 g8gt - rotofab cai, ported throttle body & FAST intake, 1 7/8s kooks shorties with 3 inch exhaust. 3600 circle D triple disc stall and tranni cooler, udp, hoosier 17 inch drag radials. 223/235 cam/gmpp Heads. HP Tuners. 416 with 11.3 to 1 compression.

best time: 11.47 @ 118.7 3000 feet da
    best top end 119.4 4000 feet da

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desertg8 View Post
    With a Yank Converter how do they go along with a pwm lockup? One mechanic told me they were not compatible. But Shane states all is well. With the new hp tuners software is all well with a yank on lock up?
    Lock up where? WOT? PT? i have locked mine WOT PT and everything with no issues...I don't lock it anymore WOT though since ive gone with the procharger.

2009 G8 Procharged/Cammed 10.55@134.3 1.60 -SOLD
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cam only 10.62@126.7 1.44'