Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lets talk stall converters

Beyond Help Robert@KBXPerformance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SS DAVE View Post
    ive been agonising over putting in a stall converter ,this is my daily and i just couldnt live with a sloppy converter every day .ive herd that the new style converters are so tight they drive live stock converters untill you nail the throttle.which is what im after.so is that true ,tell me about your converter so i can make my mind up.
    btw my ute is cammed etc,at this point im thinking a yank ss3200 or a circle d 3000

I run a Circle D 3000 stall, 258mm, triple disk in my G8. Just daily driving it around it is fairly mild. You can tell the engine is revving a little higher than with the stock converter when just lightly taking off from a stop but it is nothing really appreciable. I daily drive my G8 and don't have any issues with it.
    2003 4.6 XLT Black Explorer, Built, blown, ported, cammed, and on and on...

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Stryker Blue, 402ci Stroker, Twin Turbo's, 230/240 Turbocam, Circle D Built 6L80E, Circle D 3000 Stall, and a few other things...

2005 Charcoal Grey Lincoln LS Sport V8, KBX Custom Turbo system...Sold...

Post Thanks / Like

I have a circle D 2800 single disk. I drive the car the same way I always did, same amount of throttle when pulling away from a stop, etc. The biggest thing I notice are of course when you floor it how fast RPMS climb, and when driving around it seems to shift at the same RPM all the time, almost like driving a CVT. I like it though, I have been shying away from a stall since my 04 GTO but finally bit the bullet and decided to get one for the G8 for a good sized cam and I have no regrets.
    2009 G8 GT - Stryker Blue
    Vararam, Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with X-pipe, Dynomax VTs, Circle D 2800 Stall, Pat G cam.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Circle D 2800 stall 258 mm single disc. It dropped my car almost 7 tenths in the quarter, but I drive it everyday, and noticed a very little difference at part throttle. This is the third car i've had a stall in. You will simply love it.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deputycrawford View Post
    I have the Circle D 2800 stall 258 mm single disc. It dropped my car almost 7 tenths in the quarter, but I drive it everyday, and noticed a very little difference at part throttle. This is the third car i've had a stall in. You will simply love it.

Jerry
    7 tenths?!?!?! Really?!?!? I had no idea it gave so much...
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

FTI is the only converter I will run in my G8....had one in each of my GTOs...They are awesome. Greg has an amazing crew and customerservice is top notch

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Be glad to answer any question you have.....

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-D View Post
    Be glad to answer any question you have.....

Chris
    See post #14!
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I12XLR8 View Post
    This is on the higher end of gains, but possible. We have done a full second in some situations....But that was on a radical cam with stock converter.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on this post...I only look at 60ft time on a TQ install (3200 for me) and I only gained 2 tenths...7 tenths seems high to me for a 1/4...but cool for you..deputycrawford.
    Quote Originally Posted by I12XLR8 View Post

Post Thanks / Like

FTI 2800, could not be happier.
    08 MGM G8 GT with sports package
    402ci, Procharger D-SC1 w/helical gears, Ed Curtis custom cam, Coolingmist VC2 Pro Methanol kit, 1 7/8 ARH, Ported throttle body, Ported intake, 2800 stall, Corsa mufflers,
    Pedders bushings and sway bars, BMR trailing arms and sub frame connectors, BC Racing coil overs, Forgestar Rims (255-front & 305-rear), worked on by Powertech Performance and C Henry Motorsports[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]