Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American Racing headers installed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    What kinda magnaflows you got on there? I've got StolenFox's AxleBacks which use some kinda of magna's as well and would love to use'm but almost everyone seems to think that unless you use the stock mufflers it's too loud?

Have you done a comparison with the stock axlebacks?

but sounds bad-ass! I WANT SOME ARHs!!!! lol
    They are the same one's SF uses. It sounds good to me. The next video will be a full throttle inside the car vid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    I didn't get any instructions in my set. Couple phone calls to Charlie and Nick from American Racing got me the answers I needed.
    First off, the set is quality craftsmanship. Everything bolted up fine, but we did have trouble with the pesky dip stick tube. Someone had a smart idea to bolt it to the headers, and it looked great until we tried to put the plug wire back on. So, off it went for fabrication. My dip stick tube shrunk when it came off, and didn't want to line up with the bolt and spacer that came in the set. Finally after some friendly persuasion we got it on.
    Bolting the pipes up was the easy task. I had no clearance problems with the cross brace.
    Of course we started it with just the headers, and I have some very loud video to prove it.
    It's smoking a little now, until all the oil buns off. I set no codes, and it sounds awesome. Took it for a little test drive, and I believe my drone is gone now. Of course I'll need a longer trip to prove it out.
    The Maganflows really come alive with these headers. They are a little raspy, but not the annoying raspy sound.

The old!!

The new!!

My buddy Jeff messing with the pipes.

Oh yeah, a raspy video. Camera was too close, we can blame Jerry for that.!
    [IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums....MG]
    G8Ray, nice pics. One note. I just installed my 1 3/4 ARH this past Sunday and mine had the directions. One of the steps was to move the positive cables that are mounted to the A/C lines (last pic) from the engine side to the outboard side of the lines. This is to avoid them melting. Just FYI