Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emissions!?!??!?!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

There's always a way around this BS. TX has had Emissions for years and trust me there plently of looking the other way. LOL By the way who made Cali the god of emission standards. Thats what wrong with the USA to much screwing the people with fees and tax's. It's my DAM CAR not Cali nor WA.
    515 rwhp - 416 Stroker - 2015
    2009 G8 GT PSP, 6.8L Stroker 416ci,CM 228/234 .629/.629 LSA112 +2 Cam,PRC LS3 255CC CNC Heads,Trunion Rocker Upgrade,RCR Intake,FTI Stall 3600-3800,Trans Cooler,B&M flex plate,3.27 Diff LSD,UDP,1 7/8 OBXR LT SS Headers/SS, 3",Borla Mufflers,VCM OTR CAI,LS7 MAF 100mm,Patrick G. ECM/TCM Tune,Koni Shocks/Struts Yellow,Eibach Pro Kit Springs,LCA's w/Whiteline bushings,BMR Sub Frame Connectors,Spohn Tunnel Brace,BMR Fr/Rr Sway Bars,Suspension/Diff Bushings,PMT Rear Trailing Arms/Toe Links,Brembo's Front Brakes,Russell Street Legal Brake Line Braided SS,V8 6.0 Side Badges,GXP Diffuser,G8 Door Sill Plate,Red Shift Knob,SS Rim's,BFGoodrich g-force 255/35/20-285/35/20

Post Thanks / Like

Without getting real political about it (getting ready for bed- working midnights tonight), the reason why "they" can do this is because the way the Social Security Act is written, any time you volunteer your SSN to your employer on a W-4, you are swearing to the truth of the assumption that you are a government employee holding the public office of "person". Now you're instantly liable for all 60 million plus statutes man has created over time here in the US.

That said, the LS engine is very clean and efficient, unless you're purposely tuning it to be pig rich, or you have 20-something degrees of overlap at .050", or a 160* thermostat, you should be fine. I'd be willing to bet that with enough time on an eddy-current dyno and a wideband, a determined tuner like Pat G could definitely get a stock L76 to pass emissions without cats, and maybe even some of his smaller cams.

P.S.- as far as the first paragraph goes, don't take my word for it, spend one afternoon checking some of that stuff out. I guarantee you'll be ready to hang your friendly congressmen and senators!
    2009 Switchblade Silver G8 GT - Sold - Skinnies & Fullsize spare for sale in classifieds