Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Everything you wanted to know about the G8 diff and half shafts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Is there a tool for the install ?
    Haven't been able to find any info on changing the seal. Most likely yes there is a tool.

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Thanks for the goods.I am about nuts with a diff. swap.My dealer swapped mine and I started leaking oil.I got leaking axle seals.They seem to think there is a tool made for correct install of the seals.Thing is nobody has or makes the tool it looks like.New axle seals are in the parts dept. and I am waiting for someone to figure it out what to do.Did you run into this problem ??What are they doing wrong??Thanks for any feedback you can give me...
    If a Service Dept has no one that knows how to install an axle properly, I'd be worried.

If a Service Dept has no one that knows how to install an oil seal without fucking it up, I'd take the seals and run, not walk to the exit.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    Haven't been able to find any info on changing the seal. Most likely yes there is a tool.
    Pop the old one out with a seal remover or pry bar/large screwdriver.

Fill the back side of the new seal with bearing grease, to hold the "spring" in place while installing the seal.

Place seal in housing and using a circular pattern, tap into place with a hammer.

Unless these are super duper special seals, that will work.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Will find out Monday...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey do you know what size the axle nut is on the half shafts by the rotor?

Post Thanks / Like

So, it is still true all I would need is the center pumpkin from a Camaro no real other parts needed? What gear oil do I refill with, and do I need to add the limited slip diff additive?(Lucas syn says none needed with their HP lube.And what gears do we have to chose from as of now. Lastly what is the part number for the 3.27 or 3.45 GM gears?
    Thanks
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000