Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Silicone Hoses

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s/c'd cav View Post
    im guessing the 2014-16 chevy SS would be the same as the GXP , both using the LS3 and updated water pumps
    I believe the SS has an oil cooler like the PPV and Camaro that has a coolant line which tees into the upper radiator hose.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

2. Thanks s/c'd cav thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    I believe the SS has an oil cooler like the PPV and Camaro that has a coolant line which tees into the upper radiator hose.
    hmm , well that sucks then , thought it was worth a shot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s/c'd cav View Post
    im guessing the 2014-16 chevy SS would be the same as the GXP , both using the LS3 and updated water pumps
    If someone can confirm, we'll definitely do it then.

Post Thanks / Like

I know someone with an SS... I'll see if he can get me detailed photos.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

If we can confirm they are the same hoses, I'll get originals in and get them done!

7. Thanks Chewy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

the SS does have a oil cooler and it does have a coolant line going into the upper hose

BUT , the T for the cooler line , is a serviceable piece , not the best pic but should be good enough , so all the SS owner would need to do is cut a couple inches out of the hose and slip the T in and clamp it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by s/c'd cav; 06-24-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Do these last?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainmal View Post
    Do these last?
    Yes they do. I still have a brand new set of the original blue Jettstreams. Much better than stock
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"