Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My G8 got hit today! Sad day today boys!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My G8 got hit today! Sad day today boys!

So I had just left my house and I come up to the stop sign down the street and there is a truck in front of me and I leave about a car of space in between us like I usually always do. Well this dumb a** out of know where decided he is going to reverse at a stop sign and backs up into me hard! So I tell him to follow me to my house which is a few houses down and he does, as I get out of my car I walk to the front and see the carnage and boy was I pissed! At this point my parents come out get his plate number and I get on the phone with the cops, and the guy is being super shady and nervous and gives my parents a phoney ass looking insurance card. So he ends up saying "F**k if your calling the cops im leaving" so he just takes off like a bat out of hell! At this point my blood was boiling, but I decided to be responsible and not follow him and let the law take care of it. Cop then shows up an hour later takes my report looks him up and his plate checked out. So now its a waiting game to see what happens. Either way Ill be taking the car to the body shop on monday. This really sucks tho, I am more then upset right now

P.S IF ANYONE KNOWS A COP WITH THE HARRIS COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT WHO COULD MAKE THE PROCESS FASTER LET ME KNOW!

Short youtube vid:

-RIP CHARLIE GRRRR8-

2009 MGM G8 GT

PERFORMANCE:BP CATCHCAN/OBX LTS/ROTOFAB/HSRK/WHEATLEYTUNE/CTS V BREMBOS/PAT G CAM/RCR AIR RAM /TB

LOOKS:TEIN SPRINGS/FE3/TSW RINGS/BOHNMAN/SPENCER LOW & FOG/HRD DECAL

BEST E.T. AT RPR...12.56@110 ON PACESETTERS AND STOCK MIDPIPE

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear what happened. Glad your OK and your car can be fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch!!! All he has to say is you hit him. Any witnesses to him backing up? Not trying to start anything but looking at all the possibilities. Hope they caught up with him before he sobered up or came up with a story. Good luck with the repairs.
    09 SRM G8 GT & 09 SBM G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

that sucks man. a witness would be great for you,but at least you do have your parents that did see and speak with him. good luck maybe you can get a GXP front end out of this unfortunate incident
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

If he left the scene then he's at fault. Hit and run. The fact that he left screws him
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, that sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Modhauler View Post
    Ouch!!! All he has to say is you hit him. Any witnesses to him backing up? Not trying to start anything but looking at all the possibilities. Hope they caught up with him before he sobered up or came up with a story. Good luck with the repairs.
    Well I do have the neighbors who did see him flee the scene as well, so that could possibly help me knowing that we are not lying about him fleeing.

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    that sucks man. a witness would be great for you,but at least you do have your parents that did see and speak with him. good luck maybe you can get a GXP front end out of this unfortunate incident
    I would really like a GXP bumper as well. I just don't know how I would do that? Would I tell the body shop to order the gxp front instead or how?

Quote Originally Posted by Red92RS View Post
    Damn, that sucks.
    Yeah it does Daniel bad!
    -RIP CHARLIE GRRRR8-

2009 MGM G8 GT

PERFORMANCE:BP CATCHCAN/OBX LTS/ROTOFAB/HSRK/WHEATLEYTUNE/CTS V BREMBOS/PAT G CAM/RCR AIR RAM /TB

LOOKS:TEIN SPRINGS/FE3/TSW RINGS/BOHNMAN/SPENCER LOW & FOG/HRD DECAL

BEST E.T. AT RPR...12.56@110 ON PACESETTERS AND STOCK MIDPIPE

Post Thanks / Like

Holy hell, that's a bad hit. Trailer hitch hit you square on the nose I'm guessing?

EDIT: As far as the GXP front end goes, yeah tell them to pull up the part numbers for the GXP front end. Used to be cheaper than the GT/Sedan front end, but I believe they're just on par with each other now. Still, if it's the same cost it doesn't hurt to have the body shop order up what you want.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

F that SOB! GXP front facia, new hood, no bondo or we will straighten it out BS. And tell his insurance company or the rat bastard himself, that only to your standards. Good Luck!
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Sucks so bad. It looks way worse than in the text you sent me! GXP front and a new hood for sure!

Pat G Custom EPS Cam, 3200 Yank, Kooks 1 7/8" longtubes, FAST 102 LSXR, and a Rotofab CAI. Tuned by Pat G.