Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My G8 got hit today! Sad day today boys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Modhauler View Post
    Ouch!!! All he has to say is you hit him. Any witnesses to him backing up? Not trying to start anything but looking at all the possibilities. Hope they caught up with him before he sobered up or came up with a story. Good luck with the repairs.
    Not quite. Remember those little black boxes? All they have to do is pull MGM's data, and it will show that his car was stationary, his foot was on the brake, and that the impact had a rearward motion. But first, I hope they let the guy perjure himself. Just remember to sue civilly for pain and suffering damages!
    2009 Switchblade Silver G8 GT - Sold - Skinnies & Fullsize spare for sale in classifieds

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks great info laserred!!!

Also thanks for all the info guys its great to know that both fronts are around the same price, I will hopefully have a gxp front end out of this ordeal! I know a guy that works at a body shop so hopefully he can work with me.
    -RIP CHARLIE GRRRR8-

2009 MGM G8 GT

PERFORMANCE:BP CATCHCAN/OBX LTS/ROTOFAB/HSRK/WHEATLEYTUNE/CTS V BREMBOS/PAT G CAM/RCR AIR RAM /TB

LOOKS:TEIN SPRINGS/FE3/TSW RINGS/BOHNMAN/SPENCER LOW & FOG/HRD DECAL

BEST E.T. AT RPR...12.56@110 ON PACESETTERS AND STOCK MIDPIPE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laserred View Post
    Not quite. Remember those little black boxes? All they have to do is pull MGM's data, and it will show that his car was stationary, his foot was on the brake, and that the impact had a rearward motion. But first, I hope they let the guy perjure himself. Just remember to sue civilly for pain and suffering damages!
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

OK, since I've been there I have good and bad news. First, since you did not go to the hospital, there will be ZERO pain and suffering settlement, which is based on actual money expended. Second, If you go for the GXP front, and they replace your grills, I'll buy the old ones if you can get them. Kind of creepy, I know, but any extra money is better then nothing.
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I could help in a time when you feel helpless. Especially when he has a new enough truck that he has a data recorder as well, and your insurance can get clear confirmation that his truck was in reverse at time of impact.

Actually, I'd be willing to bet that the data will even be able to show the distance he traveled in reverse before impact, removing his claim that you were up his ass at the stop sign and he didn't see you when he went to back up because he had crossed the white line.

Sometimes technology works in your favor.
    Last edited by laserred; 08-21-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    2009 Switchblade Silver G8 GT - Sold - Skinnies & Fullsize spare for sale in classifieds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laserred View Post
    I thought it only recorded the last 30 seconds or so of a drive?
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that really sucks. Fucking bastard takes off, never fails.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

I would give ur ins. co. a copy of the police report, get the car fixed and let the ins. co. do all the dirty work. That's why we pay ins. in the first place. I did this a long time ago of a wreck that a guy pulled out in front of me and he didn't have ins. It worked out great for me. Sorry to hear this happened.

Post Thanks / Like

idk how u sat there and watch the guy just drive off lol, i deff would have went after him and would have had him "calmly" waiting for the police
    09 white hot g8 gt
    vararam, slp ud pully, billetprototypes catch can, gxp mufflers, 160 stat, hsrk, bmr trailing arms, bmr toe links.

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to find the info again, but I think it records permanently every impact over a certain g force. I could be wrong, but how would GM/ and or the po-po recover accident data if you were a hit-and-run like said jerkoff above?