Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Chevelle Sleeper is just too cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chevelle Sleeper is just too cool!

Twin turbo 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle is one awesome sleeper

It is easy to mistake this 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu for a nicely restored stock car. Unless you happen to notice the unique "white wall tires" mounted on the stock 15x7 wheels, there is nothing to suggest this car is any different from the average cruise night Chevelle. That is of course until you get a look under the hood and realize this unassuming Chevelle is actually a well disguised twin turbo beast.
    We aren't exactly sure what the perfect sleeper is, but it isn't a stretch to imagine the beautiful black Chevelle seen here is pretty close. Like any good sleeper there is almost nothing to indicate this car's true performance potential. Everything from the 307 emblems on the fenders to the stock interior complete with bench seat and console shift point to the fact this is nothing more than a nice old Chevy in from the factory condition.

Not available from the factory in 1970 is the monster Escalade sourced twin turbo 6.0L LQ9 iron block V8 that powers this sleeper. Equipped with a pair of turbos from a Buick Grand National the car produces 555-607 horsepower (depending on boost) without any signs of turbo lag. This translates into a car that can run a low 11 second to high 10 second 1/4 mile at the track and get 20 MPG with the A/C blasting on the way home.
    The result is the sleepiest of sleepers with a ton of usable power. You can get an idea of what this awesome Chevelle looks like in action here. We can't tell you how badly we would love to own this impressive Chevelle, unfortunately we are a little bit shy of the $40,000 asking price. To us, nothing says "perfect daily driver" like a 600 horsepower Chevelle that looks like it's fresh out of Grandma's garage.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I'm talking about!! I grew up working on my dad's 69 Chevelle so they have a sacred place in my heart

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    SOLD 2009 Panther Black G8 GXP #112 - M6
    Scheming on my LSX Sequel...

Post Thanks / Like

That is just plain awesome!
    2009.5 Sport Red G8 GT Sport/Premium/Sunroof
    2011 Camaro RJT 2SS
    2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS LE#3089/SLP#6693

Post Thanks / Like

very nice build
    plain and simple
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDeathLSX View Post
    That's what I'm talking about!! I grew up working on my dad's 69 Chevelle so they have a sacred place in my heart
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I had a SS 396/375HP 4 speed all black when I was 20 ( a ways back). Man was that a fun car. Just old school HP. So the one above just brings back great memories.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

thats a guy i know from around chicago, jim is his name, have seen the car in person its awsome, and DEAD quiet
    09 white hot g8 gt
    vararam, slp ud pully, billetprototypes catch can, gxp mufflers, 160 stat, hsrk, bmr trailing arms, bmr toe links.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking car. I had a 72 SS that I wish I still had even though it was full of bondo. With those skinny tires on the back, wonder how far it will leave black marks.
    2008 MGM GT. Patrick G spec'd 222/226 .597”/.605” 115LSA +3 cam, Ported TB, Ported Manifold, 25% PB UDP, 180* Tstat, Vararam w/HSRK, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, X w/cats and muffs, GXP Diffuser, B Splitter, 6000K HID's, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side,Rear Markers and Tails, 15% Window Tint, Blackedout Chrome, Ghost Stripes, G2 Red Calipers