Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want your thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Default I want your thoughts

Vararam CAI, Solo Performance Mach Shorty with high flow cats, dyno tuned.

I took my 2009 G8GT to a drag strip yesterday ( Fri Aug 12 2011 ) I have never been on a drag strip before. I done 11 runs in total ( It was a private event ) I could not get any lower then 13.6 and my reaction time was between .400 and .488 on every run but 2. Does that time sound about right for the mods I have had done or is it to high.
    I did race the same dodge hemi 5 times, lost once cause I was sleeping at the line with a reaction time of .738
    Anyways, opinions about my times compared to my mods would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds reasonable for a newbie to the track and your mods. What were your 60' times?
    Kevin
    2009 SRM G8 GXP A6 + Roof
    Go
    Vararam CAI
    VMS "Stealth" Dyno Tune
    VMS HSRK
    GTPprix's hacked Atari gauges
    Norris Motorsports Billet Oil Catch Can
    Radical Advantage Trans dipstick
    Blendimount and Invisicord for the V-1
    Doug Thorley LT's

Show
    Tint by Spade Kreations 35% & 20%
    Holden V-6 rad cover courtesy of Crazy Paul
    PB
    12.986 @ 108.78
    R.I.P. Charlie......FUCK Cancer!

Post Thanks / Like

Reaction time means nothing to actual ET.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about right to me. A couple of thoughts- How hot was it? High temps=lower ETs. Do you also have the trans tuned? A good trans tune is worth 1-2 tenths. Do you have a HSRK (heast soak reduction kit)? Heat soak is an issue with G8s, especially if you made these runs back to back.

Getting these cars off the line is the key. Post up your 60ft times and trap speeds as well. You should be getting 1.9-2.0 sec 60 ft best and maybe 105 trap speeds.

2012 G8 GONE Bracket Champ!

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT-VMS stage 1.5 cam & Pat G tune, Kooks 1 3/4" LTs w/cats to Corsa catback, VCM intake. 427RWHP, 401RWTQ
    Eibach springs, FE3, BMR Sways, links & toe rods
    Audison Bit-One, JL Audio-500/5, 500/1, ZR800, 10w3v3(x2), Boston Z6, JHP Triple gauges
    TSW Indy 500 staggered w/Nitto Invo (285 rear), GXP diffuser, Roto-Fab engine covers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy G View Post
    High temps=lower ETs.
    +1 Also location has a lot to do with it (DA).
    Try this to help get you going: Rev motor to 1000-1200 rpm then let off brake and punch it on last yellow light. If your reaction time is slow you won't red light, just improve your reaction time. If you are spinning during take off this will make it worse. You will need drag radials to fix that.

2009 G8 GT, White, 1-7/8" ARH, Magnaflow axlebacks w/jpipes, Roto-Fab CAI, Livernois Stage 1 Cam, PCMforless Trans Cooler, UDP, Reckart Trunion Upgrade, Patrick G Remote Tune, HSRK, Catch Can, Fasterproms Stage 2 Ported TB/Manifold, 90mm MAF housing w/LS7 MAF, Spoon Trailing Arms & Toe Rods, SJM Line Lock, Driveshaft Loop. 423 hp/390 tq
    TSS Sponser Car- TSS Atari Guage Overlay/LOTB Dash & Front Fender Emblems/Concept Pontiac Darts/Engine Plaque/Laser Engraved Headrests/Rear G8 GT Badge.
    19x8 Front 19x9.5 Back TSW Strips w/255/275, MM Carbon Fiber Grill Surrounds, HID Headlights, LED DRL/Foglights & Front Sidemarkers, Clear Sidemarkers, Painted Lower Grills, GXP Rear Diffuser, Red Shifter, Shifter Boot & Armrest, Roto-Fab Radiator Cover, Crazy Pauls Billet Caps, ACC Under Hood Panel, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings

Post Thanks / Like

my 60 times were 1.9 - 2.4, I done 11 passes and would let the car sit about 15 min between passes to cool down...I guess my mods were worth the money, thought I would go faster and just wanted to see if I was comparable, fastest pass was 106 mph. They had a street course there but it was $600 to go on it... There was a professional race car driver there and he could take you car out ( Dave Emperum ) not sure on the correct spelling of the last name. I asked him to drive it with me in the passenger seat... what a terrifying mind blowing rush.... 100 mph ( 160 Km/Hr ) into corners... 140 mph down the straight away...after 2 laps my brakes were just smelling bad... that's all I would let him do. Had no idea the car could hang on like it did and there is no way I could ever drive it like he did... utmost respect for a professional drive and the lack of fear they have

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds a little slow to me but no more than 1 or 2 tenths. Sounds like a good time!

P.S. You should never lose to a HEMI unless it's an SRT8 or heavily modded, even if you are sleeping...
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like she's hauling ass.

2012 G8 GONE Bracket Champ!

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT-VMS stage 1.5 cam & Pat G tune, Kooks 1 3/4" LTs w/cats to Corsa catback, VCM intake. 427RWHP, 401RWTQ
    Eibach springs, FE3, BMR Sways, links & toe rods
    Audison Bit-One, JL Audio-500/5, 500/1, ZR800, 10w3v3(x2), Boston Z6, JHP Triple gauges
    TSW Indy 500 staggered w/Nitto Invo (285 rear), GXP diffuser, Roto-Fab engine covers

Post Thanks / Like

Which track, time, and date so we can see what the DA was so that we can help better answer your question. DA can make a big difference on your ET as already mentioned.
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you let the car sit longer and dropped down to a 2.1 60' you would in the 13 teens. 60' is everything to having fast ETs.......unless you have 750HP. Even then the better the 60' the faster the ET. Reaction time wins the race, but does nothing for ETs.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G