Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown G8!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blown G8!

Hey guys, Im new to this forum and just wanted to say hey. Little history behind my G8, Ordered my hot white G8 GT brand new in 2008. since then I have put alot of work....and money =/ into the car. Currently it is at its home shop, RPM in Garner NC, getting the last pieces of the build put on. Over the years I have gone through the motor with basic and advanced mods. recently I installed the Procharger D-1 kit with the Race BOV and 2 core intercooler. before the blower the car was making 449 RWHP and ran best of 11.91 at 116 MPH at Darlington Dragway, my home track. They had the car on the dyno a few weeks ago with a Boost a Pump setup, the car did great untill around 6100 RPM, the MSD Boost a Pump then failed, the car shutting off....but it made 588 RWHP before the fuel died out. So we decided a BAP wasnt safe and would not be enough for this mini monster. So now the car is in its last week of waiting on Lonnie to install his Twin Pump fuel system. He should be sending the parts to RPM mid this week and I should have the car back by next week. I wont be around long on the forum due to my unit is deploying in late september to early october to Afghanistan. I am a 11 Bravo and 11 Charlie Infantryman with the Army Guard. Heres a few shots and videos of the G8, Thanks for the website! Others may know me as SlowFourDoor on G8board. Thanks guys!

Current Mod List: Procharger D-1 S/C kit, RACE BOV, 60lb Injectors, 2 Core Intercooler, Ported Throttle Body, Comp Custom Ground Cam .223/.239 .610/.620 LSA 113, Ls7 Lifters, Ls2 Lifter Trays, Patriot Dual Valve Springs, Comp Forged Push Rods, OBX Long Tube Headers, 3 Inch Exhaust, Yank 3200 Converter, Summit Racing Vacuum Canister, Tranny Cooler

here is a video of the car as it sits right now. Sucked having it home for a few days and couldnt get down on it due to the fuel issue. cant wait to get her back

Pics

just to throw this in, the Girlfriends car being pulled by my truck. No not because its fast, come on guys..its a ford =P her fuel pump died one day. But thought it looked good on the trailor

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Thank You for your service.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! Its an honor to hear from GRRRR8, I hear about you alot in the G8 world.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you sir. I do get around.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to have you!
    Bryan---PBM '08 G8 GT
    Rotofab CAI...Kooks 1 7/8 LTH...3" X pipe...Magnaflow axle backs...GRRRR8 Heater hose relocate...Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3... Circle D 3200 stall... tuned by Redline... Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS SLIHR Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo perfomance axle backs... Rotofab Intake... Mobile attractions front splitter

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! PM'ed you man.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jeff! it doesnt show that I have a PM? is there a certain time period where I cant PM after joining?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the better board! I've seen your car at RPM and it is sharp! Need to put you up against Doug's Maggie 2300 GT sometime.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

No It's sent now.I posted that and then wrote the message.My fault.You should have no trouble viewing it now.