Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Without my new car already....

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Without my new car already....

Not even a full week and my car is in the shop for AT LEAST the weekend...

Noticed that I didnt have a nice key like everyone else and that it would help to have a fob for the factory alarm and the remote starter I should probably have so I talked to my salesperson and she told me shed get me one. Then her and everyone else in the building made sure to mention it was a $200 key about 8 times as if they are doing me such a huge favor.... turns out, i had only gotten a valet key so i needed this key in the first place.

Well after keeping my car overnight cuz they couldnt figure out how to "reset" something to recognize the new key, they cant get my car to start. ECM is shot or something, and they say its because the car thinks its being stolen... not really sure if they are trying to bullshit me or what but Im pissed to say the least because they are telling me they have to talk to GM directly and a ECM will be difficult to get and it may or may not be done monday.

WTF!!!

So in the meantime, keep showing me pictures of what you guys are doing so I have something to look forward to lol

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It has to have a key relearn. If they fried the ECM, they fucked up and it should be on their dime.

Yes you are supposed to get 1 switch blade key, 1 straight key(both keys lock/unlock car, pop trunk, remote start etc) and then you get a gray valet key.

Hope this helps!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Grey valet key? I never got one and I purchased my car new. I got the switchblade and straight keys. Does anyone have a picture of the valet key?

Thanks,

George
    Solo cat back exhaust, Rotofab intake, HSRK, VMS tune, Lovells Eliminator struts/shocks springs, Pedders sway bars, long gone Spohn front LCAs, GPS center stack trim

Rule #1 - Cardio
    Zombies lead a very active lifestyle. So should you.

Post Thanks / Like

They arent charging me but they keep making it sound like they are doing me this huge favor by fixing it for free. They fucked up doing the relearn and its all because I wanted the key that should come with the car... factory alarm and remote start factored into that price i bet, but i cant use it?? then i keep hearing "well pontiac is a dead brand so it takes longer to get parts" and "well it IS a used car".... really? i didnt get a 15 yr old car with 140k miles from a buy here pay here lot, its an 09 with 40k and has a bumper to bumper. very frustrating!!!

no picture, they have it. doesnt remind me of a valet key, but def no buttons, just a straight key. had to use it in the door to lock drivers side door which armed the car, but when i unlock in that fashion the alarm starts to go off. which is why i did a little research on here and seen everyone has the bmw style switchblades. so i told them and oh that key is soooo expensive but well do this for you. and then the tech told me he couldnt program the new key because the key was a valet key or something.

Im not a complete tool, i know my way around a car im just not very familiar with how complicated this setup seems to be. but damn, the excuses i keep getting sound pretty far fetched. "the car thinks its being stolen so now you need a new computer"...
    Last edited by VinnieMacsG8; 08-12-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There isn't a valet key. There is a separate key for the glove box.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it was a straight key with no buttons on it at all. had a lump in the middle of the black part, but def wasnt a button. worked door and ignition. like i said it armed the car but didnt disarm when used in the door.

Post Thanks / Like

here is the key I have never used. I did get the switchblade and the straight key. the tags on this key in the photo has barcode and #'s that I can only assume tells the dealer the code to make another key
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's your glovebox key. It will not work in the ignition.

Post Thanks / Like

right thats not the key. its laser cut and the black round part is huge.

Post Thanks / Like

A little update...

Turns out they think they need to replace the Anti Theft Module (?) or something of that nature and there are none of these in the US... has to be shipped from Australia and wont be here till next Monday. Figures. The key was some kind of aftermarket key cut that they think caused the module to lock them out of the system because it thought it was stolen.

So I guess I just gotta wait until next week... unless any of you know that there is a definite way around this? They said this decision went up to corporate and they had to have GM order the part. Oh well. In the mean time Im still going through threads and looking at all the things Ill be doing once I get it back next week...