Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just cause you have a ZR1

Post Thanks / Like

I took my car to a place and they dumped a pot load of tire shine on my tires. Lucky for me there was no traffic so when she spun far enough for me to actually keep the wheel turned and drive back in. I then told the dumbasses that you do not wipe shine on the tread.
    Mier
    2009.15 G8 GT (Onyx/Red, Magnetic Grey, Premium/Sport, Bluetooth Onstar, RotoFab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT, Non-Catted connectors, Corsa Catback, HSRK, Custom tune by PatrickG, UPR Catch Can)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    A bit too much tire shine

Attachment 12094
    Good catch. I rarely put shine on the tires, and if I do, I put it on with a towel first and make sure not to hit the tread with it. Then I wipe off all the excess.

Post Thanks / Like

LSXtv statement

This past Monday we brought you the story of how a ZR1 driver took $100k+ worth of Corvette and smashed it into an SRT8 when he tried to show off his mad driving skills for the camera, and now Jalopnik has the story and video of the aftermath.

Apparently, the two cars were in fact street racing, but were both able to avoid getting charged thanks to the ZR1 owner taking full responsibility for the whole thing. The SRT8 owner actually showed the police the video of the wreck, and persuaded them that he was just trying to catch a video of his “favorite Vette” driving by, rather than capture a street race. You’ll notice in the second video, that the SRT8 driver has a much different tone than in the first installment. I’m sure it has something to do with realizing that anyone who owns a ZR1 should have no problem paying to fix a Chrysler.

Perhaps one of the most amusing things about this whole story is that apparently this wasn’t the first time the ZR1 had been in a situation like this. These are the words of the SRT8 Driver, as quoted by Jalopnik:

“The guy was rich and didn’t care at all about the car, only that he was gonna have to put it “BACK” and yes I mean “BACK” in the shop. Wasn’t his first accident in it. He clearly stated this many times on the side of the road. I don’t care to share his story for that one. He should be embarrassed enough.”

Pat G Custom EPS Cam, 3200 Yank, Kooks 1 7/8" longtubes, FAST 102 LSXR, and a Rotofab CAI. Tuned by Pat G.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish34 View Post
    oppsie
    That and oopsie...
    SOLD: 2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6
    Current Vehicle: 1984 Chevy K10 (it's red and redneck)
    New Vehicle: 1972 2wd K5 Blazer. It's being built right now. Link to the build is HERE

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
    - John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone remeber this Fail!
    2009.5 G8 GT Silver

Post Thanks / Like

^Now that is fucked up lol
    Pat G Tune & DOD cam, Rick C TB, LSA, Ported Heads, Circle D 2600 Stall
    OBX Exhaust, SLP UDP,H&R springs, Koni Shocks
    BP catch can, BMR Bushings/suspension/chassis
    V Brembo's, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, 3.27s Gears

Bolt ons Street tires
    12.649@107.817 60ft 1.96 Da 700ft