Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just cause you have a ZR1

Post Thanks / Like

Well I look at the first video and then the second ZR1 video, I am led to a conclusion.

It's not a good idea to use all that HP to bust the back tires loose at speed. (2nd vid)
    Nor is it a good idea to use all that HP to attempt to massively accelerate out of a corner before getting to the apex. (1st vid)

It also looked like the guy lost the back wheels and didn't try to turn into the slide which is why his nose went straight into the 300c.
    Mier
    2009.15 G8 GT (Onyx/Red, Magnetic Grey, Premium/Sport, Bluetooth Onstar, RotoFab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT, Non-Catted connectors, Corsa Catback, HSRK, Custom tune by PatrickG, UPR Catch Can)

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm.... perhaps the SRT wanted to play and the vette didn't see it, not counting on the srt picking up speed....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    I wish I could read what the yellow sign is that they pass, but I'm guessing it was an up-and-coming lane drop. Two lanes coming down to one in preparation for merging with another highway. The ZR1 accelerated to try to pass and cut in, but cut too soon. The road they're facing at the end is a ramp of some sort, leading off of another highway. You can catch it in the video just before he points the camera down at the armrest.
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    I did watch the video a few times and it just seems like something is missing here. It does not look like he was going that fast.
    I went to youtube and this video has 28 pages of comments in a day. The Passenger said they were going around 30-40
    Bryan---PBM '08 G8 GT
    Rotofab CAI...Kooks 1 7/8 LTH...3" X pipe...Magnaflow axle backs...GRRRR8 Heater hose relocate...Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3... Circle D 3200 stall... tuned by Redline... Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS SLIHR Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo perfomance axle backs... Rotofab Intake... Mobile attractions front splitter

Post Thanks / Like

I've driven a ZR1.... had it for 2 weeks. It's a beast and very light. Even with the MRC and Traction control, it's a task to keep the rear end in check.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    SOLD 2009 Panther Black G8 GXP #112 - M6
    Scheming on my LSX Sequel...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    It reminds me of the video I saw a while back on the Corvette Forum.
    "WHOA!!! Son of a Bitch." LMAO

ProCharger F-1D
    Treadstone TR1235 FMIC
    Kooks 1 7/8 LTH
    Corsa catback
    New Era (228/240) cam
    Yella Terra 1.7 Rockers
    GMPP LS3 CNC heads
    Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
    FAST fuel rails
    FAST FPR
    FIC 1000cc injectors
    Yank SS2800
    Camaro trans pan/filter
    Earl's trans cooler
    RX catch can

EFI Live 736 RWHP/642 LBFT 91oct 15psi
    EFI Live 730 RWHP/621 LBFT E85 13psi
    EFI Live 695 RWHP/603 LBFT E85 11psi
    HP Tuners 762RWHP/646LBFT E85 9psi

Post Thanks / Like

yep. all the idiots have all the money. amazing, isn't it? makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikemaj82 View Post
    yep. all the idiots have all the money. amazing, isn't it? makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong here.
    My theory: Rather then being idiots, they're so engrossed in making the money that allows them to afford their fast car that, when the time comes to drive their fast car, they have no idea how!
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

While 95% of fast car owners either know how to drive them or just don't try to attempt things they have no skill trying.

Got to love videos of the other 5% for making us laugh

Post Thanks / Like

A bit too much tire shine

go.jpg
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDeathLSX View Post
    I've driven a ZR1.... had it for 2 weeks. It's a beast and very light. Even with the MRC and Traction control, it's a task to keep the rear end in check.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Every non-nanny test I've ever seen of the ZR1, it definitely looks like the ass-end gets loose easily. The "stig" on his test had it almost sideways several times yet still placed in the top few of super cars. Looked like he was doing everyting he could, to keep it straight.

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    A bit too much tire shine

go.jpg
    What a picture to capture. Looks like he tire-shined half the tread too. Man, I hope he didn't do that on the rears too.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen