Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AWFUL G8 GT MPG so far....

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to take off the parking brake.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT :: MGM :: Premium/Sport :: Onyx/Red Leather

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Make sure the air pressure in the tires is correct (39 frt 37 rear if stock tires 19s). If she had an oil change done, make sure they put 5W30 in not 10W30.
    Backwards... 36 lbs in front and 39 lbs in the rear.
    Mier
    2009.15 G8 GT (Onyx/Red, Magnetic Grey, Premium/Sport, Bluetooth Onstar, RotoFab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT, Non-Catted connectors, Corsa Catback, HSRK, Custom tune by PatrickG, UPR Catch Can)

Post Thanks / Like

Im lucky to see 23 on the highway now.
    09 Liquid red G8GT
    VMS ecm/tcm 93 octane dyno tune
    8000k hid's
    Inalfa sunroof
    Mach Shorty, Solo HFC's, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's
    Rotofab cai & radiator cover
    BT from 09.5
    GXP fascia & diffuser
    BMR subframe connectors & bushings, diff bushings, trans brace, trailering arms
    13.207@107.11
    338 hp/337 tq

Post Thanks / Like

My wife is hard on the brakes, so I always get better mileage than her. The saying, "Your mileage may vary", says a lot.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet she's running through mexico while you're not around and she sure isn't telling you.
    Mier
    2009.15 G8 GT (Onyx/Red, Magnetic Grey, Premium/Sport, Bluetooth Onstar, RotoFab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT, Non-Catted connectors, Corsa Catback, HSRK, Custom tune by PatrickG, UPR Catch Can)

Post Thanks / Like

I get anywhere from 14MPG on race days up to 28MPG on the freeway.
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMom View Post
    I get anywhere from 14MPG on race days up to 28MPG on the freeway.
    That's the thing, though. We were getting excellent mileage until they "replaced" the tranny mount or whatever they did. After that, we're lucky to see 18 ever.

We're still fighting these assholes about the whining at highway speeds. They keep trying to blame the tires (brand new), say its normal (its not), or that there's nothing that can be done about it (there is). I need to find the TSB in a GM manual to show them. I showed them the one from here in the Holden manual, but the dude had the gall to say it was different somehow. I almost went primal on him.

Owning this car so far has been a miserable experience, only because of the hoops you have to go through to get something fixed on the damn thing. It took them three tries to order the right parts for the rear vents. Three!

To top it all off, some jackass swiped the back bumper in a parking lot last week and decided to drive off instead of acting like a human. So now, the paint is starting to peel and its only a matter of time before it has to be repainted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LongbowFoSho View Post
    That's the thing, though. We were getting excellent mileage until they "replaced" the tranny mount or whatever they did. After that, we're lucky to see 18 ever.

We're still fighting these assholes about the whining at highway speeds. They keep trying to blame the tires (brand new), say its normal (its not), or that there's nothing that can be done about it (there is). I need to find the TSB in a GM manual to show them. I showed them the one from here in the Holden manual, but the dude had the gall to say it was different somehow. I almost went primal on him.

Owning this car so far has been a miserable experience, only because of the hoops you have to go through to get something fixed on the damn thing. It took them three tries to order the right parts for the rear vents. Three!

To top it all off, some jackass swiped the back bumper in a parking lot last week and decided to drive off instead of acting like a human. So now, the paint is starting to peel and its only a matter of time before it has to be repainted.
    TSBs are posted here and on the other boards in their appropriate TSB sub forum. Just glance through them when you get a chance and have them printed out and have the woman bring it to a DIFFERENT dealer. Looks like your current dealer is crap and you need to find one that is more willing to help you out.

Chevrolet dealers should be able to help you out the same as a former Pontiac dealer.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*