Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vector Motor Sports TCM/ECM Tune Review

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Vector Motor Sports TCM/ECM Tune Review

Well what can I say? WOW comes to mind I guess.

I got the Flashxpress cables and uploaded my TCM info and emailed it off to Kirk for adjustment and got it back within an hour or so. I downloaded it into the car and then went for a ride. YEE HAW! Keep in mind my ECM is in stock tune. I am waiting for my new ECM from Vector still. The 1-2 shift is awesome under WOT. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone thinking about it. The regular drive mode is nice and firm without being hard while the Sport is also pretty sedate whilst driving under "normal" throttle inputs but once you mash it to the floor the Sport mode comes ALIVE!

Pulling the file off the stock computers is VERY easy and putting them back on is also VERY easy. The hardest part was sitting in the cold car while it was uploading and downloading. Uploading takes sometime but downloading goes pretty fast. Maybe 10 minutes to upload and 2 minutes to download.

Thanks again Kirk!

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Kirk -- what were your TM settings in normal and sport shift mode?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MGMG8GT View Post
    Kirk -- what were your TM settings in normal and sport shift mode?
    LOL

I'm Chris. I was thanking Kirk!

75% in normal and 30% in sport. Well at least that's what I told him... Now did he do it? I'll never know... lol I'm sure he did.

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Unless requested otherwise, is TM set to 50% in the 3 modes with the VMS tune?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IgnitedGT View Post
    Unless requested otherwise, is TM set to 50% in the 3 modes with the VMS tune?
    Not sure actually! I was thinking it was factory setting in drive, then 50% in Sport and manual.

Kirk is happy to answer questions.

Email them at sales@vectormotorsports.com but keep in mind they are off from today 12/31/08 till next Monday.

They are great to work with!

Chris

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4GASEM View Post
    Not sure actually! I was thinking it was factory setting in drive, then 50% in Sport and manual.

Kirk is happy to answer questions.

Email them at sales@vectormotorsports.com but keep in mind they are off from today 12/31/08 till next Monday.

They are great to work with!

Chris
    It is set to 50% in all modes. VMS said they were working on making it adjustable for the different modes. I never saw a post stating that they was able to do this yet. HP Tuner's doesn't allow you to tweak per mode. You can only set the TM percentage per shift. ie 1->2 (50%), 1->3 (75%), 2->3 (25%), etc.. That would be nice if you could.....
    -Robert
    2008 MGM G8 GT (795 of 888)
    MODS: HPTuner, Circle-D Stage I 3600 Stall Converter, Livernois Stage II non-DOD cam, ARH 1-3/4 LT's, Rotofab CAI, Powerbond 25% UDP, VMS HSRK, NGK TR-5IX, LC-1 WBO2, 18% tint
    Track: 12.090@114.88 1/4, 7.756@??? 1/8, 1.712 60'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g8_795 View Post
    It is set to 50% in all modes. VMS said they were working on making it adjustable for the different modes. I never saw a post stating that they was able to do this yet. HP Tuner's doesn't allow you to tweak per mode. You can only set the TM percentage per shift. ie 1->2 (50%), 1->3 (75%), 2->3 (25%), etc.. That would be nice if you could.....
    -Robert
    He CAN set it to what ever you want. I had 75% in drive and 30% in sport and the guy who put in the new pumpkin with lower gearing went as low as 20% I think.

I wanted less in drive to keep driveability close to stock while having it lower in sport for those times you really want to have fun...

Post Thanks / Like

OK guys and gals, I bought a used ECM off a board member here and had them send it directly to Vector for a tune. Vector then tuned it to my specs for what I wanted and what I had for mods. So...

I stuck it in crossed my fingers, turned ignition on and tried to start. NOTHING! Then I turned off the key and turned it back on to see if the security light lit... NOTHING! OH SNAP! So I thought well this one's coming back out! DAMNIT! Then for shits and giggles I tried starting it again and BAM she fired up. WEIRD!

Maybe it was just my imagination but I SWEAR it made no difference power wise for maybe 50 miles and now the thing is stupid!

The thing damn near killed me this morning with cold snow tires on it. It wagged it's tail pretty violently. hehehe so much fun!

Kirk and his team are great to deal with! It was easy peasy and they made me feel like they had my back in case something went wrong. The only mistake I made was doing all this over the holiday as both they and I were off work a lot and hard to get a hold of. THAT was no fault of either party. Tis the season!

Buy from Vector with confidence!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Did you flash your TCM to get torque management then? I didn't think they could adjust TM unless they either had the car or you used the cables?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r1owner View Post
    Did you flash your TCM to get torque management then? I didn't think they could adjust TM unless they either had the car or you used the cables?
    Yes I flashed the TCM with the FXP. The ECM was tuned at Vector and sent to me. I would like to go up there and do a custom tune this summer sometime too. Maybe I can do that and my Vararam at the same time...

Chris