Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone dealt with Rev Hard in the Quad City area

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone dealt with Rev Hard in the Quad City area

As the title says. Has anyone taken their Pontiac or any LS series powered vehicle to Rev Hard Inc in the Quad City area of IA and IL? Was thinking about getting a proper dyno tune and asking around right now. Would love to hear your experiences good, bad, or what ever. Feel free to post or you can send me a pm with your thoughts. Thanks for any input that you can provide!

Tony
    09.5 G8 GXP A6, roof, MSM
    Texas Speed LS3 418, PRC heads, Pat G cam, LS9 injectors, Rick Crawford intake, stock TB
    HSRK, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT's, Corsa cat back system, no cats
    Squash Performance fuel system
    BMR trailing arms, toe rods, cradle and diff bushings, subframes, tunnel brace
    GForce anti wheel hop axle set, Camaro 3.45 rear end
    Circle D Specialties 3200 stall
    VMR V710 wheels 19x8.5 front 35 offset, 19x9.5 rear 50 offset
    First National G8 meet, yea, I was there! Car number G42!
    Best ET so far, 11.376 @ 120.25 mph uncorrected, with limited traction
    Tuned by Rick Crawford via remote tune
    G.O.N.E. 2012 & 2013 Best In Class, Fastest in Mod GXP, 2012 Best In Show

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Coop! I was considering the same thing for a cam install. I have seen Rev Hard and Illinois Dyno in Cordova. Called Rev Hard once and they said they have worked on LS cars before. Their site looks ok but they might be better experienced at turbo imports. Heard good things about Illinois Dyno also. I just hate to have wasted all that cash on first the Superchips, then Vector, but a local tuner might be the best way to go.

2012 G8 GONE Bracket Champ!

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT-VMS stage 1.5 cam & Pat G tune, Kooks 1 3/4" LTs w/cats to Corsa catback, VCM intake. 427RWHP, 401RWTQ
    Eibach springs, FE3, BMR Sways, links & toe rods
    Audison Bit-One, JL Audio-500/5, 500/1, ZR800, 10w3v3(x2), Boston Z6, JHP Triple gauges
    TSW Indy 500 staggered w/Nitto Invo (285 rear), GXP diffuser, Roto-Fab engine covers

Post Thanks / Like

It was nice to meet you at Cordova a couple weeks ago. If you can't find anyone local there should be some good shops in Chicago that can get everything tuned perfectly for you. Based on the two of us running the same mph at the track that very hot and humid night I think you're leaving a LOT on the table with an email tune. You running 2 tenths faster than me is probably all attributed to your 3200 stall vs my stock stall. So your engine mods aren't doing as much as they should.
    2014 SRT Viper TA
    2009 Liquid Red G8 GT
    Drivetrain: 25% UDP, Solo axle back
    Suspension / Brakes: BMR f/r swaybars, radius rod bushings, trailing arms,
    toe rods, subframe connectors, tunnel brace, crossmember bushings, DBA slotted rotors,
    hawk ceramic pads
    Show: VE SS Black/Red Steering Wheel, VE Black/Red Shifter, Leather Console Lid, 20% Tint

Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a lot left in my canned VMS tune as well. Hopefully a dyno tune will be the best route for me in the future. My best was 13.37 @ 104 with Headers and Volant CAI. Most header cars are easily in the 12's. Have the dreaded ticking lifter right now though, so I'm probably going to go with the stock converter cam kit from Livernois.

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT-VMS stage 1.5 cam & Pat G tune, Kooks 1 3/4" LTs w/cats to Corsa catback, VCM intake. 427RWHP, 401RWTQ
    Audison Bit-One, JL Audio-500/5, 500/1, ZR800, 10w3v3(x2), Boston Z6, JHP Triple gauges
    TSW Indy 500 staggered w/Nitto Invo (285 rear), GXP diffuser, Roto-Fab engine covers

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy, great to hear from you again!!!! We have to hook up again and visit the track a few times this year! It was also very nice to meet you at Cordova Voice!! It is really nice to put faces and names to the people on the boards. You are also right, there was a lot being left on the table! That was my first time out with the new converter, gears, and FAST intake. I couldn't hook to save my life off the line. My 60' times did drop .2 of a sec but with the switch to a 3200 I think it should be in the neighborhood of .3-.4 drop. I was trying different things on the launch to get some kind of traction. I only beat my personal best ET from last year by .03 sec. My intake air temps were well over 100 degrees just sucking the timing out of the car as well. Was guessing with the mods over the winter that I should be hitting 12.2's-12.0's with some good weather. I know that the suspension work probably won't help much for hooking. Think I am gonna put a line lock on it, just was not able to get a good long burn out to get proper heat in the tires. It is a work in progress there. I guess with the dyno shops I am kinda in your boat Tommy, want to make sure that my GXP in using the mods to the best of their abilities. I really can't blame VMS for being a bit on the conservitive side. As you said, it is a canned tune and they do need some margin for error with the differences in our cars. If you end up going to one of them keep me posted. If I go I will do the same and give a full review of what I thought about who ever I decide to visit. Have a great weekend guys!

Tony
    Texas Speed LS3 418, PRC heads, Pat G cam, LS9 injectors, Rick Crawford intake, stock TB

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like drag radials are in your future.

My lifter tick seems to get a little better when I use the car more in manual mode, so it must be an AFM lifter. No racing for me until I get that fixed . It does however justify bigger aftermarket cam! Maybe then I can keep up with your GXP. haha

Post Thanks / Like

I have the drag radials, still wasn't getting good bite off the line. I check my tires right after a run and they were cool to touch, no heat in them at all. I don't know how long they hold the heat but figured some will still be there. Nobody was really hooking that night either. It was soooo damn hot and muggy. I knew the times were gonna be crap but wanted to go just to get some runs with the new gear.

Sounds like you have a good idea with the bigger cam! I was hoping to have the cam and heads done by now! Looking more like this winter or very early next year. I hate the time-money space noncontinum! Never seem to have enough of either and especially at the same time!

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard mixed reviews on them personally. I brought mine to Modern Muscle in Oswego for some work and those guys are great. One of the owners has a G8 as well and has worked on MANY G8's and GTO's.

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris, how's it goin? Does Modern Muscle have a website or anything? I have heard, rather seen you mention them before. That fact that one of the owners has a G8 is a very comforting thing indeed!!! Seems so many times you mention G8 to someone and they look at you funny and ask what is that. Needless to say you turn around and walk out! Didn't you mention that they are located over by Chicago? Any idea about how much they charge for a dyno tune? Is it something were they can do a dyno tune and driveability tune as well? Not sure how familiar you are with them so I tossed out a bunch of questions. May have to give them a shot. The owner having a G8 instills a lot of warm fuzzies for me about the whole thing. Thanks for any info that you can provide about them. Have a great day!

Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Just found a place called Yates EFI in Davenport. They have a bunch of experience with LS motors and new Camaros. Got my cam kit ordered from Vector and have Yates install it before the meet! Somebody's gotta be the guinea pig I guess. They seem like a good group of people and good local reputation so I'm not too worried.