Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone dealt with Rev Hard in the Quad City area

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! I'm jealous! I'd love to mod mine, but I need dead nuts reliability and well it IS a lease... lol

Chris

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Careful on Rev Hard, apparently their name is what they like to do to customers cars. A buddy of mine when there to get his supercharged big block camaro's carb tuned and ended up having to spend about 4K to fix his motor after they bent some valves in the heads while tuning on the dyno.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer92 View Post
    Careful on Rev Hard, apparently their name is what they like to do to customers cars. A buddy of mine when there to get his supercharged big block camaro's carb tuned and ended up having to spend about 4K to fix his motor after they bent some valves in the heads while tuning on the dyno.
    This is an absolute false rumor. We have never harmed a single engine on the dyno wether it be ford mopar chevy import, we have however hurts some transmisions due to weak u-joints, the big block 69 camaro came to us in pieces we pulled the motor sent it to the original engine builder we then put the motor back into the car and dyno tuned it. The customer was extremely happy, we even had it in the 29th annual Rod And Custom car show. we do tons of ls stuff I own a c5 corvette pushing 850 whp, we have turbo charged and superchaged many ls motors with great success we have done penty of internal egine work on ls moors too cam installs springs lifters etc. if it can be done we have done it.

if you would like to see some of the stuff we have done check the links below.

http://www.streetfire.net/videos/sea...x?t=revhardinc

or

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....0.34UXDWarXnM

just want the record strait saw this and had to correct the false rumor.

Thanks
    Trent
    Rev Hard Inc

any questions give me a call 309-788-3966 or toll free 1-877 RHI-DYNO
    Last edited by revhardinc; 06-06-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to set the record straight as a ruler, my name is Marc Lundgren from Cedar Rapids Ia and it was my motor, a Procharged 454 BBC, in my 1967 Camaro that was destroyed by revhardinc back in 2006. There was only an occasional slight hesitation on the throttle while cruising that I wanted fixed. Other than that the motor was a monster and ran great. A week later after bringing my car to RevHard I picked my car up. No dyno run sheets, no nothing. The motor would barely run. I took it to my engine builder (Sperry Engines in Cedar Rapids Ia). The motor had 3 burnt pistons, scored cylinder walls, a cylinder with 60 psi compression, a cracked head by a water passage, a carb that was jetted down to the point of not being functional on the motor because it was so lean, fuel was leaking from the primary and secondary bowl gaskets and the gasket on the back of the water pump was blown out and leaking coolant. Since there was no dyno pull spec sheets on the motor my only conclusion is that they took my car out and beat the shit out of it. Trent, you are a liar.