Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Improved Holden A/C Belt Throwing Fix.

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NEW Improved Holden A/C Belt Throwing Fix.

EDIT-December 3rd 2013
    Brackets are finally available again. I have stock !!!!!

EDIT-December 15th 2013
    Stock is now held in Florida for even faster delivery to you!!!!!

DEAL 45R.

Bracket with new idler pulley and a complete new tensioner - 92252927
    US$190 shipped
    PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING.

Belt to suit new bracket arrangement & non-underdriven A/C pulley on balancer.
    [Belt for Stock Balancer or First Design U/D Pulley]
    4PK1108 = 92244381
    Add US$20.

OR

Belt to suit new bracket arrangement & 10% underdriven A/C pulley on balancer.
    [Belt for Second Design U/D Pulley]
    Use 4PK1065 = K040420.
    Buy it there in USA in case you need to swap for something a little longer or shorter.

To Order:
    Send a Paypal to my Paypal ID = crazypaul@iinet.net.au
    Include your Forum Username & Shipping Address
    In one of the Paypal Message Boxes type what the money is for, eg: "Deal45R + 4PK1108"
    Pay in US$
    ** Priority Mail shipping from Florida to most parts of USA will take 3 or 4 days.

See this thread for more info.
    Thread: Holden fix for A/C belt throwing
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=14506

THIS IS THE NEW A/C BRACKET FIX, you get everything in the picture for US$190 shipped.
    Yes...you get a totally new A/C tensioner.
    Yes....you get the A/C idler pulley.

IF you have the stock crank balancer, the new longer A/C belt required to work with the new bracket will be 4PK1108.
    I can supply a 4PK1108 for $20 extra if shipped with the new A/C bracket fix.

STOCK BELT ROUTING for A/C

A/C BELT ROUTING WITH NEW A/C BRACKET BELT THROWING FIX INSTALLED
    [Stock A/C belt 4PK1101 becomes too short because of the new Idler pushing down on the belt.....4PK1108 becomes the new belt required if you still have the stock crank balancer pulley fitted]
    Last edited by Crazy Paul; 10-09-2015 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Stock is available again now
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

2. Thanks sammajidi, PuckMercury thanked for this post
    Likes HauSSchildt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The new bracket with new idler and a complete new tensioner on the left (Deal45R) , Previous fix on the right was a new bracket and new idler only (Deal 45).
    You previously had to re-use your old A/C tensioner or buy a new A/C tensioner seperately for an extra $80+.

New [Deal 45R] A/C Bracket assembly is much greater value for money.

Crazy Paul

Post Thanks / Like

That's a whole lot of part for a little amount of money. Makes me want to do this even though I haven't had any problems
    11 CTS-V Black Diamond Edition

Post Thanks / Like

My engine has thrown the A/C belt on me once already, resulting in a tensioner replacement. I don't believe the replacement had an idler pulley, though, so it's probably just a matter of time until it's thrown again.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Paul: If I go with new deal 45R, which a/c belt would one need with a PB UDP( Black) second design (10% a/c underdrive), Thanks John PS your website address

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jscruick View Post
    Paul: If I go with new deal 45R, which a/c belt would one need with a PB UDP( Black) second design (10% a/c underdrive), Thanks John PS your website address

Since the stock balancer is the same OD as the first design Powerbond (with no U/D on A/C) on the A/C portion of the pulley.....and stock balancer with new idler and tensioner takes 4PK1108.
    I'd say 4PK1108 for first design Powerbond/SLP with new Holden Belt Fix arrangement.
    4PK1108=GM belt 92244381

Belt to suit new bracket arrangement & 10% underdriven A/C pulley on balancer.
    [Belt for Second Design U/D Pulley]
    Use 4PK1065 = K040420.
    Buy it there in USA in case you need to swap for something a little longer or shorter.

You won't find the Holden A/C Belt fix on my website and you don't need my website to order anything.
    Just send a Paypal to my Paypal ID = pjsadler@iinet.net.au
    Type in the Paypal Comments boxes what you want ie: DEAL 45R

C.P. website http://members.iinet.net.au/~pjsadler/
    Last edited by Crazy Paul; 09-25-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    Crazy Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I had a question yesterday about the effectiveness of the A/C bracket mod in stopping the A/C belt from jumping off.
    Just spoke with the Service Manager from a large Holden dealership here, he's fitted heaps of them (probably 15 or more) and has a 100% success rate. No cars have come back for A/C belt throwing after the mod was done.
    He had the same problem with his own car and fitted the mod, problem gone.
    He suggested that the only time you'll get a problem after the bracket mod is if you have excessive run-out in the crank harmonic balancer. Stands to reason if the main pulley is wobbling all over the place the belt won't like going straight around the other pulleys.
    Crazy Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a specific batch of cars that has had this issue Paul? Seems mine is not having the problem and after 77,566 miles on the original belt it still looks to be in great shape.
    Still it is not much money for a nice OEM part to ward off a problem in the middle of a Texas summer if the a/c belt goes flying off.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

tHIS happend to me the other day and scared the shit outta me

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texn884 View Post
    Is there a specific batch of cars that has had this issue Paul?
    All VE based V8 cars built before 19th November 2009 were put together with no idler pulley on the A.C belt.
    There were also problems with runout on the stock main crank pulley (harmonic balancer) and that part has been superceded two or three times. We all know the Powerbond U/D pulley was also re-designed to drop the A/C belt speed and assist with belt retention. High rpm has been quoted as one main enemy of the A/C belt in this application.
    Some cars will exhibit no problems yet others will......some driving styles may be better than others on belts.
    So many variables come into the mix.
    If you are sick and tired of throwing A/C belts then get the A/C belt fix.
    Crazy Paul