Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kooks Axelbacks Version 2- Another Opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_marquis78 View Post
    A lot of why I like the G8 is that it's comfortable and I like for my passengers to be comfortable and for me that wins the battle between comfort and performance.
    I have the same battle but a different winner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    I have the same battle but a different winner
    Yeah I figured that actually. No worries though. In the end, we're both happy right?
    *2008 PBM G8 GT Premium and Sport Packages
    *Tinted Windows, Partially Debadged
    *Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake
    *Kooks 1 3/4 Long Tube Headers, Catted X pipe, Kooks axelbacks V2
    *VMS ECM & TCM Tune
    *I'm pretty sure I have a bajillion HP

Post Thanks / Like

This may be a little off topic, but a couple of people have mentioned it. Does Borla or Corsa actually plan on making a production axle back? The last two times I've called, the "tech" says they are not. Before the incident with my car, which a few of you know about, I had tried swapping out the Double walled, rolled, tips from Kooks with a few different designs, and loved the sound afterwards. Just getting away from that style helped tremendously. Of course If Borla or Corsa had readily available axle backs, I'd be more than happy to compare those too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 Corsa Red dB mufflers coming this week. After I get them welded up, were going to test them out.

Sorry for the hi-jack.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Corsa is making a catback for sure. They are going to do some testing for axle-backs with Tigger somewhere in the near future.
    FORMER OWNER 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger_name2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MANOFSTEEL69 View Post
    Corsa is making a catback for sure. They are going to do some testing for axle-backs with Tigger somewhere in the near future.
    Let me know if they ever need a second look if they need to. I'm going with SW full exhaust but I'd go over there if it helps speed up the process for everyone else. I'm only about 30 minutes away.

Post Thanks / Like

They're interested in mine because of the motor work that's been done, and the ARH system I already have. They've already had a G8 in for the other testing.
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance

Post Thanks / Like

Jay who are you working with over there? Maybe bug Paul Santiago and let him know it will be going to our shop... That might get him to expedite something for you

Livernois Motorsports

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop

Post Thanks / Like

I was working with Gus, but he got layed off Now I'm working with Jim Jr.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance