Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kooks Axelbacks Version 2- Another Opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_marquis78 View Post
    a call ticket? what's that?
    A call ticket is a shipping pick up order for FedEx/UPS to come pick it up and send it back.

I'm sure Kooks will get it right.
    Gforce Engineering
    LIFETIME WARRANTY!
    The Leaders in IRS Drivetrain Technology
    gforce1320@gmail.com
    www.Gforce1320.com 316-260-8433
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...honenumber.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

ah, i get ya. I actually think Kooks will get it right. It's just surprising that we've really had to go through so much w/ them to get to that stage...and we're not even there yet!
    *2008 PBM G8 GT Premium and Sport Packages
    *Tinted Windows, Partially Debadged
    *Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake
    *Kooks 1 3/4 Long Tube Headers, Catted X pipe, Kooks axelbacks V2
    *VMS ECM & TCM Tune
    *I'm pretty sure I have a bajillion HP

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe i am skewed a little bit, but I am certain that Kooks will get everything figured out... Plain and simple the are an awesome company with great products... We are a big enough company that we can do a buy in with whomever we like and Kooks has been what we have been happiest with in terms of performance and fitment. I am sorry that this has happened.

Do me a favor if you will, Call George R. @ kooks and let him know what's up, he is the man, and will make certain everything is right... I will also call him on monday and direct him here.
    Last edited by Andy@Livernois; 12-23-2008 at 06:19 AM.

Livernois Motorsports

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8GT594 View Post
    That sucks dude. Although shit happens sometimes. Sorry to hear that it happened to you. I love my setup, but hey if you dont want drone, don't get exhaust simple as that.
    WTF?! Did I ever mention drone? I am talking about assuring that your engineering is sound. I am talking designed a product and then taking 10 minutes to make sure it actually lines up right to the rest of the product. Thanks for addressing an issue that nobody brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
    Maybe i am skewed a little bit, but I am certain that Kooks will get everything figured out... Plain and simple i feel they are THE best out there... We are a big enough company that we can do a buy in with whomever we like and Kooks has been by far the best performing/fitting stuff, and their workmanship is awesome. I am sorry that this has happened.

Do me a favor if you will, Call George R. @ kooks and let him know what's up, he is the man, and will make certain everything is right... I will also call him on monday and direct him here.
    Like I said, I think they'll get it right. I didn't figure this all out until about 12:00 MST which means it was 2 on the east coast so no one answered at Kooks or at MarylandSpeed. Hopefully I can get ahold of em next week sometime but I have a feeling it's all going to be screwed up because of Christmas.
    *VMS ECM & TCM Tune

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think as many do, ARH makes an excellent product and knew better then to mess with the mufflers. Headers are headers. Mufflers are not.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, I think they'll get it right. I didn't figure this all out until about 12:00 MST which means it was 2 on the east coast so no one answered at Kooks or at MarylandSpeed. Hopefully I can get ahold of em next week sometime but I have a feeling it's all going to be screwed up because of Christmas.
    If you can't let me know... I can call George on his cell phone from work if need be... (I don't have his number otherwise I would have already called for you)

Livernois Motorsports

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your concern. I'll give em a ring on Monday and see if I can talk to someone. I'm guessing I'll be able to. If not I'll let ya know for sure.
    *VMS ECM & TCM Tune

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I'm in the same boat, just trying to get my call ticket. I want to have the Gen II's on when it heads up north for the work.
    FORMER OWNER 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger_name2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

WTF?! Did I ever mention drone? I am talking about assuring that your engineering is sound. I am talking designed a product and then taking 10 minutes to make sure it actually lines up right to the rest of the product. Thanks for addressing an issue that nobody brought up.

Hey, thanks for the smartass attitude. I was simply going off of what everyone was talking about with the axlebacks, and that is drone.
    Can't move out its own way- idk what number motor its on, how much boost, how big of a shot, its starts, im happy.

Post Thanks / Like

If you reread your post it did seem like you were a little on the offensive. Hey, you have them and you like them....More power to you. We had issues with them and are still having issues. Livernois backs them as they sell them and have probably sold more then enough of their product over the years to get a good discount, and a good profit margin. I get no profit margin.....Just unhappiness with a product I have spent a good deal of money on and some hunks of worthless to me stainless steel sitting in a box in my garage and not on my car where I could enjoy them .......If they didn't make me cringe every time I throttle the car. Remember when you read or write something you can't really tell emotion, feeling...whatever. It's just what you assume to be a smartass response. For me...I don't expect it not to have some drone at over 400HP......But I do expect it not to feel like I'm in a dentist chair with the drill running when I drive the damn thing.
    FORMER OWNER 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    IOM, 20% Tint, 19" Zinik Z27 Sofins, American Racing Header 1 7/8System, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, 160 Deg. Thermostat,Ported Throttle Body, VARARAM OTR Intake, Livernois Motorsports Tune and Ported Intake. Mobile 1 M1113 Oil Filter, Royal Purple 5W-30, New Era Performance Non DOD 228/240 Cam, Pypes Violators, BMR Trailing Arms and Toe Rods, GXP Front Bumper and Rear Diffuser, Yank 3200 Eibach Pro Series Springs, SJM Line Lock 426 HP and 390 Torque. 1/4 Mile 12.0910 @ 116.53 MPH Coming Someday: Magnacharger.
    LIVERNOIS
    New Era Performance
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...gger_name2.jpg