Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I've decided on a build "theme" for the Blazer

Post Thanks / Like

wow that was a lot of parts stashed in the truck. looks like a fun project and well on your way. Good luck and if your helper continues to help you may just have to paint it Pink
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

She's good for about an hour and then she wants to use the creeper as a bobsled... I let her turn her first wrench yesterday. She took bolts out of the hood hinges and hood latch. It made me really proud.
    SOLD: 2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6
    Current Vehicle: 1984 Chevy K10 (it's red and redneck)
    New Vehicle: 1972 2wd K5 Blazer. It's being built right now. Link to the build is HERE

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
    - John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

creeper as a bobsled that is fun right there. I am glad you 2 are getting some good quality time together. That is something she will always remember. I wish my dad was still around to work on projects together. We worked on many cars together. Enjoy your time it goes really fast.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a job Brandon.....If you need any tools let me know.Keep us posted.Alot of good pics there.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, I think it will be a bigger job than I thought. I'm sure I need a lot of tools but I don't know what they are yet. I need an electric grinder and an electric ratchet. Air tools would make this job MUCH easier. I just don't have a compressor or anywhere to put it.
    New Vehicle: 1972 2wd K5 Blazer. It's being built right now. Link to the build is HERE

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
    - John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

Got the bumper off with the help of 1/2 penetrating oil and my little helper! Apparently, a battery exploded and leaked on everything below it because there are large chunks of the radiator support, battery box and inner fender eaten away below the battery. I'm very glad I have the extra radiator support. I'm getting cleaned up and going to lunch with my helper. I'll post pictures later.

- John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is with the bumper removed. It doesn't look too bad from this far away...

Battery tray is toast.

Anyone have a zipper to zip this thing back together?

I think something is missing.

- John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

I had a little time to work on the Blazer this morning. My initial thought that the truck had not been wrecked was incorrect. It doesn't have any frame damage that I've seen yet but, it has been wrecked on the front passenger's side. The fender was orange under the green and the door was yellow. The bottom rocker and torsion box have been replaced before. I can't wait to see what fun is under there waiting. I think the only part of this truck that doesn't rust on it is the glove compartment door...

Here are some pictures from this morning.

I managed to get the inner and outer fender as well as the passenger door taken off this morning.

Is it time for new rotors yet?

I don't think there are supposed to be this many wrinkles and gaps in this section of the body.

Doesn't look too awful bad from this angle.

I sure hope that's surface rust.

Front of passenger rocker.

Rear of passenger rocker.

- John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

How much room and play does that front suspension give you to lower it? It looks like the suspension travel is already pretty short!
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

It's lowered about 2 inches right now. It has the coils cut so the travel is limited some but it's still a good ride. I'll put new springs in it and do the dropped spindles so I'll get all of the factory suspension travel and geometry.

- John Henry Boetcker