Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G8 Pinouts for Harnesses(Radio, Fact. Amp, accessory voltage, etc.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default G8 Pinouts for Harnesses(Radio, Fact. Amp, accessory voltage, etc.)

Here is a chart that I used to splice into the factory stereo signal. *It should help out with the adding of aftermarket stereo systems.

I suggest a remote signal switch from your local car stereo shop to use for the remote wire.
    Last edited by SRG963; 02-09-2009 at 09:50 AM.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You and G8V8 need to chat! He is an electronics guru also.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Also if you need to catch a 12 volt accessory to turn on the amp there is a small white connected directly above the factory amp with three wires in it. I don't remember which one is the accessory but you can check it with a volt meter and get it right there in the trunk.
    Matt Sibley, BSEE, EIT
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    The G8 sound guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default G8 Pinouts for Harnesses(Radio, Fact. Amp, accessory voltage, etc.)

Use this thread to add more info as it becomes available. For now, here are the pinouts I've accumulated for the radio, factory amp, and a picture of the harness in the trunk above the factory amp with the wire color and description on the picture. This white plug is used to get an accessory 12V(aka remote turn on wire). Hope this helps, feel free to add any other documents or images you have related to G8 wiring.

4 Channel's of speaker outputs plug at radio:

Center Channel and Power connector at radio:

Other Harness for Onstar etc at Radio:

Factory amplifier harness:

Matt Sibley, BSEE, EIT
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    The G8 sound guy

5. Thanks billtherealtor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

White plug for accessory voltage in trunk:

This plug is located above the factory amp on the underside of the rear deck. Wiring colors are described on the image.
    Matt Sibley, BSEE, EIT
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    The G8 sound guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot2003 View Post
    White plug for accessory voltage in trunk:

This plug is located above the factory amp on the underside of the rear deck. Wiring colors are described on the image.
    NOT keyed right?

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

The Brown and Blue wire is accessory. It is +12V only when the key is in the ignition and turned forward. The car doesn't have to be cranked just turned to the first forward position for this wire to be hot. It works good as a turn-on wire. The only thing is that when you kill the car and take the key out your radio stays on until you open the door...this wire loses +12V as soon as you cut the key off and remove it.
    Matt Sibley, BSEE, EIT
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    The G8 sound guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot2003 View Post
    The Brown and Blue wire is accessory. It is +12V only when the key is in the ignition and turned forward. The car doesn't have to be cranked just turned to the first forward position for this wire to be hot. It works good as a turn-on wire. The only thing is that when you kill the car and take the key out your radio stays on until you open the door...this wire loses +12V as soon as you cut the key off and remove it.
    Some amps have a 10 minute timer now don't they?

When I was into the stereo stuff I had Sound Stream 10" subs and amps (when they made good stuff) and those 10's were AWESOME! Probably one of the best in the mid 90's IMO.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

A good amplifier should power down silently and immediately when the remote turn on voltage goes to 0. I haven't decided on what sub configuration to do in the trunk yet. I'm thinking a pair of L7 8's in a dual reflex series tuned bandpass, a single 10'' CVX in the same enclosure type, or possibly 2 CVX 10's in a single reflex bandpass. It'll take a little trial and error but should sound really good when I'm done...
    Matt Sibley, BSEE, EIT
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    The G8 sound guy

Post Thanks / Like

I posted all the connector data sheets I had in the DIY section. Feel free to add to it if you guys have accumulated any other information. Thanks.
    Matt Sibley, BSEE, EIT
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    The G8 sound guy