Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: G8 Pinouts for Harnesses(Radio, Fact. Amp, accessory voltage, etc.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy G View Post
    I tapped into the cigarette lighter socket wire by the radio for my remote turn on lead. Amps stay on with radio w/ key out! Everything off with door open.

Also it is important to know that the rear speaker wires connected at the trunk mounted amp is the hi-level (speaker level) FEED to the amplifier. The trunk amp does not power the rear door speakers, just the rear deck subwoofers.

So by disconnecting the feed from the rear doors you eliminate the deck. Wouldn't you jus be able to disconnect the output from the amp for the rear doors and jus get your leads for the door from the back of the radio? I'm trying to run a four channel but only on the doors which are components but sence I got a factory amp I jus wanna keep it hooked up for the bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reference information about the amplifier wiring diagram. Question, why wouldn't you use the stock wiring harness exclusively to install an aftermarket amplifier? I have replaced all my speakers in my 09 G8 GT, including the sub woofers. I have lost a channel on the stock amplifier. If I have all the wires needed to the stock amplifier from the head unit, why wouldn't I use them? Why would I run all new wires to the head unit? The stock amplifier has all the speakers wired to it, Has a 12 volt source for power, Ground, My new amp has high inputs eliminating any need for RCA's. It seems simple to use the existing harness. Why wouldn't I want to is my question to you?

Post Thanks / Like

So the amp in the trunk isn't the only amp? If so than the head unit powers the front tweeters, center dash speaker, and the rear door speakers? Or more than one amp? I have the premium stereo system. I appreciate other help.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

There is only one amp and it only receives the signal split from the rear door speakers, and it only powers the subs. The headunit powers all the door and dash speakers. If you don't have subs, you don't have any amp.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com