Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: CP, once again, you are the man

Post Thanks / Like

Default CP, once again, you are the man

I got my rocker clips in today and there was a little suprise in the box with them. Now I'm not sure if that accidentally fell in while packing occured but that Jack Daniels Racing key chain made my freakin day. I love JD and I love racing, wow. Thanks man.

To note: The instructions you have on removing the rocker are very detailed, however and addendum should be added; its impossible to get the rocker off without completely destroying it unless you remove the door sill trim. I was able to salvage 6 of the large white clips and 4 of the black clips by doing so. The sill trim can be trickey to get off though, time and patience to figure out where the clips are and how they are connected is a must. Those could easliy be broken. Of course I think of taking pictures after its done but there shouldn't be too many people replacing the rockers.

You only need 1 of the 92138811 small white push clips.

Otherwise it only took me 30 min to pull the old one off and put the new one on, by myself.

Thanks again, CP. Your knowledge and generosity are much appreciated.

Brad S.

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome Brad.
    Yes the keyrings have been falling into quite a few packages lately, whenever there's a good customer and a little weight being otherwise wasted. Glad you liked it.
    I did have old handwritten notes that only one 92138811 was needed per side, but GM N/A docs say 3 per side. Figurred it was better to err on the too many side. You never know, you might find somewhere else in the car where the same clip is used.
    There's still errors in GM Instructions and we'll only find them by experience....thanks for reporting, it may well help the next guy.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!