Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Interior mods complete: GPS trim, GXP wheel, shifter knob, sport pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interior mods complete: GPS trim, GXP wheel, shifter knob, sport pedals

Finished last night and really improves the look, IMO. May not be for everyone but I like it. Thanks to Crazy Paul, Greg@Pace and BlueJacket for the parts.

1) Calais trim with smokers pack
    2) GXP onyx/red steering wheel (PN 92217699 )
    3) Onyx/red shift knob (PN 92206988)
    4) Sport pedals - (PN 92214916)

Most time consuming was definitely the GPS trim followed by the GXP wheel.

Instructions used:

1) For GPS - BlueJacket's write up - awesome
    2) Steering wheel - CP's instructions. I left the car in neutral to remove the airbag. I did connect the battery so I could lock the wheel and remove the center bolt. Removing the lower wheel trim is not necessary to remove the air bag.
    3) Provided with knob. Very easy. Replaced during GPS install.
    4) Sport pedals are pretty easy but this helped. I replaced the whole accelerator pedal/module instead of just bending the tabs on the new pedal trim and putting on the old pedal so I had to remove the lower trim (just pull carefully) as well as the 2 screws holding the OBD port. The brake pedal actually takes more time than replacing the whole accelerator pedal.

Before and after pics:

2009.5 PBM GT
    PatG Tune, Kooks Mids, Roto-fab w/HSRK
    BMR & Crazy Paul stuff

Post Thanks / Like

I put in the GPS trim kit yesterday. Wasn't fun, had little plastic snap pieces fliyng all over. I replaced the pedals a while ago. The brake pedal was a bitch to get on.

09 G8GT SwitchBlade Silver/Sunroof:

SSV Z-Series ll Rims, GXP rear diffuser, Chrome G8 gas cap cover, Console sliding leather lid, Holden Engine Covers, Intake cover delete, Auto dimming mirror, Holden VE Onyx Leather Sports Steering Wheel, SLP spoiler

Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, MagnaFlow cat backs, Kooks mids w/ HFCs, GXP Brembos w/Drilled Rotors, VMS Stage 2 tuned, Mobil 1

Best: 60'- 1.954 1/4-12.753 @ 109.42

Post Thanks / Like

Looks just like mine, except I kept the original cubby. It's great having GPS and looks somewhat OEM. Looks good.

I really didn't want the 2-tone interior when I bought the car, but now I really like it and found a used 2-tone steering wheel and shifter awhile back to finish it off.
    2008 PBM G8GT, TVS1900, Rick Crawford blower cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Corsa Cat-back, CHenry Tuned, RotoFab, BP Catch Can, Pedders Lowered Touring Suspension w/ sway bars, CTS-V wheels, Brembos front/rear, in-dash GPS/Bluetooth, de-chromed

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, like to see the GPS with either the triple or double hump analog gauges.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

You know you can pop out the silver centers on your stock vents and replace them on your new vents. I used a razor blade to pop them out.

SSV Z-Series ll Rims, GXP rear diffuser, Chrome G8 gas cap cover, Console sliding leather lid, Holden Engine Covers, Intake cover delete, Auto dimming mirror, Holden VE Onyx Leather Sports Steering Wheel, SLP spoiler

Roto-Fab CAI, HSRK, MagnaFlow cat backs, Kooks mids w/ HFCs, GXP Brembos w/Drilled Rotors, VMS Stage 2 tuned, Mobil 1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    You know you can pop out the silver centers on your stock vents and replace them on your new vents. I used a razor blade to pop them out.
    Yeah, I swapped them out. You can't tell from the pic though.
    2009.5 PBM GT
    PatG Tune, Kooks Mids, Roto-fab w/HSRK
    BMR & Crazy Paul stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I couldn't tell from the pic. Then I read CP's writeup and he has that in there.

I mounted an UltraGuage in mine. My GPS is the wrong one to use and I didn't want to buy another one.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats cool Monty. I want to mount one down in the cubby area.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

looks good! the steering wheel and shifter really finish it off nicely
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back