Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Wheres all the OKC area G8's?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wheres all the OKC area G8's?

Seems fairly dead locally, I know the weather sucks but we should plan another meet and greet soon.

Anyone seen the white GT with the orange stripes on it? I see him driving south on Sooner by 240 almost every morning I have to head to the base 730-8ish. Never able to stop him though. Car looks sweet.

Saw someone in a white GT last night around 1am, rippin ass down 12th street in Norman. Couldn't stop him as I was undercover in the Yukon.

My car's going in the shop sometime soon to finally get the last couple hail dents fixed from last May that couldn't be PDR'd, will have the freshly painted bumper done and hopefully my new wrap done by then also.

I know there's a few in the surrounding areas. Lets get this thread filled with GTG ideas/dates/locations

Something in March? Maybe a track day at TVRP? I've been wanting to go to the Tulsa track so I'm down to even go up there.

POST UP!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My G8 is finally going in for the GXP "nose job" today. Looking forward to getting together when weather improves.

Cheers,

Bill B
    REST IN PEACE CHARLIE......you left us too fast.......Nov. 14, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, saw you picked up some more suspension goodies as well. I need to probably look at getting some axles soon since I'm gonna be running DR's this year

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Thunder Valley today opening day. I think I saw you in Noble heading that way when I was leaving. If so, what did you run? My best was 13.6 @105.5. Kept hitting the rev limiter at the end 3rd @ 106mph or it was trying to shift into 4th at the finish line. I wont be able to go faster in the 1/4 mile without raising my RPM. I'm not too upset, but I was hoping for a higher MPH.
    Last edited by Habibus; 02-20-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    2009 G8 GT - Stryker Blue
    Vararam, Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with X-pipe, Dynomax VTs, Circle D 2800 Stall, Pat G cam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habibus View Post
    I went to Thunder Valley today opening day. I think I saw you in Noble heading that way when I was leaving. If so, what did you run? My best was 13.6 @105.5. Kept hitting the rev limiter at the end 3rd @ 106mph or it was trying to shift into 4th at the finish line. I wont be able to go faster in the 1/4 mile without raising my RPM. I'm not too upset, but I was hoping for a higher MPH.
    Don't let it hold 3rd. We are right at the limit of speed vs rpm at the end of the track. Holding 3rd isn't good for the motor. I went but only got 2 runs in. I'm smoothing out the xp tune with real world data. My best was a 13.36. DA was 2780. There was 2 other G8's there. That track is horrible man. If I don't sell the car by April I'm gonna buy some DRs and go up to Tulsa.

Sent from my iPhone4

Post Thanks / Like

I only let it hold third one run out of three. Just to see if it was the 4th gear shift. There weren't any other G8s there when I was there. I wanna go back a different day though when the air is better.
    2009 G8 GT - Stryker Blue
    Vararam, Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with X-pipe, Dynomax VTs, Circle D 2800 Stall, Pat G cam.

Post Thanks / Like

bump. Any ideas on a meet?