Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Factory bluetooth

Post Thanks / Like

Default Factory bluetooth

Someone on the other forum has posted that GM is now allowing Dealerships to order the factory Bluetooth modules. Has anyone else heard of this? I hope this is not another BS thread.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Could it be true? A couple of weeks ago Gawker Media allowed a realtime, online Q&A with the President of OnStar. Several GM owners (two G8 owners specifically but also several others) indicated their desire to replace the OnStar module with newer OnStar technology, and by allowing them to do so it would encourage them to remain or become an OnStar subscriber. Other aggrieved customers were Cadillac and Corvette buyers who were arguing that they dropped $50K, $60K or more on a car, they should be able to upgrade to the latest and greatest features in future generation of hardware to stay in the fold. They further added that it kind of sucked that a person driving a 2004 Altima can get OnStar with Bluetooth installed now if they wanted, but an existing, loyal GM customer had no options for an integrated solution.

All the G8 owners explained that it is a plug and play swap today, with only some simple programming changing that OnStar could do - it's just that they won't, and they won't allow third parties either, making it impossible to even buy the damn part. If this is something that just happened then maybe the power of the people was heard by the leadership of OnStar.

I wish the Q&A had been a bit more productive, some of the Gawker asshats took up time asking dumb ass questions like how much does the NSA pay you stay in business. A business discussion is not the time for tinfoil hat theories, political discussion and asking questions that have no answers.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

He has ordered his on line from a Dealer who told him that ALL GM Dealers will now be allowed to order in the Bluetooth module. This is for the G8s not previouslly equipped. I will be checking with my Dealer tomorrow. I do hope this is not BS but from time to time this issue keeps coming up. I do not know why GM would not alow it. They get the $$ for the part. The Dealers get the $$ for the install. Gee they all get $$ profit. DUHH

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, still CTF only. He ordered through one of those online bozos that has no idea. Same thing we've been through 100 times on these forums.

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering the new cellphone laws while driving a car, it would make sense for GM to allow the bluetooth upgrade. That's why I spent the extra money to get the parts on Ebay and have it reprogrammed by Chris. Hopefully the parts will become available through the dealership.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for backing me up Chris. I posted pretty much that on the other board.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

When I saw this thread I was so excited since I recently bought a smart phone with bluetooth, but after reading it I see it's not true. Oh well I'll just keep using the bluetooth feature in my Garmin GPS until something comes along that's plug & play to work with the factory system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtpprix View Post
    nope, still ctf only. He ordered through one of those online bozos that has no idea. Same thing we've been through 100 times on these forums.
    argh!
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I was hoping for some good news once I saw the title of this thread. I have an onstar box coming from Chris right now that I hope will give me bluetooth but the first time I got it, there was a problem that he needed to correct. I'm afraid that if it does not work again, I'm screwed. I tried the BlueStar option already with no luck. I think my car might have some kind of issue and if that is the case, GM would be able to fix it IF they did start doing the Blue tooth upgrade. I wish GM would get their act together.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Shit! %^&$@#*&(!