Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plastic fuel line connectors- how to remove?

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly, Pete had trouble with his too.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to decide now. I was able to get the nipple piece out of the connector now that I had the room to use the disconnect tool. So it seems like it will still hold fine. But if it ever had to come back off in the future, do I stand a chance of ever getting it off with the tabs broken off. What can I use to repair it with?

09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe just replace the line section?

Mine was a reeeeal pain.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered the tool mentioned above (en46843), just so I'll have it in the future. But I don't think it will work on the connector with the tabs broken off. So I also got the Dorman repair kit below and a compression union. The Dorman repair fitting has a clip that is easy enough to remove without special tools. I've tested it with success on the broken nipple/post.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000C...op_mb_pd_title

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    I've ordered the tool mentioned above (en46843), just so I'll have it in the future. But I don't think it will work on the connector with the tabs broken off. So I also got the Dorman repair kit below and a compression union. The Dorman repair fitting has a clip that is easy enough to remove without special tools. I've tested it with success on the broken nipple/post.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000C...op_mb_pd_title
    That's pretty slick. Some sort of clamps needed for the brass double barb?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

If I used the barb, I'd heat it and put a hose clamp or zip tie on it, though neither was supplied. I'm going to use a compression union instead. I think they are more secure, and easier to uncouple if needed.

Winter-wear: