Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PPV Parts List

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant using the new VE center stack and not the current one we have.

I have read through the whole thread for the HVAC Controller, I will be buying one soon.

Hopefully the prices come out for this center stack soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the radio faceplate from the PPV plug into the g8 radio?

2009 Pontiac G8 GT :: MGM :: Premium/Sport :: Onyx/Red Leather

Post Thanks / Like

so the alternator should bolt right in and plug up and work the same way as the original alternator? just a good upgrade for the future.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested in the brakes for this... seems like they should have bigger brakes like it says the rotors are bigger.... wonder if they will have brembos? mutipiston calipers? fit our wheels? hmmmm
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@PacePerformance.com View Post
    I'm 99% sure they are actually going to look like these
    Attachment 10037
    9C1 Police Car

Attachment 10038
    9C1 Undercover Car (not sure on this one since the pic is RHD)
    What kind of idiot designs an undercover version of a car that only the police can buy...

It makes as much sense as having an undercover cop open carry and pin is badge to his hat.
    11 Mopar 11 Charger

11 Ram 1500 White Crewcab Hemi 4x4 Sport TRADED

10 F150 Raptor Black 5.4 Supercab TRADED

09 GT Black Premium Sport TRADED

Mods: Livernois Stage I Kit with ported intake and TB, Livernois Tune, New Era OTR CAI, UDP, Kooks 1 7/8 catted LT, GXP Front end conversion, GXP mufflers, GXP rear diffuser, VMR VB3 19x9.5, Nitto Invo 275s, TMA 3202, 2 JL Audio 12"s, Limo tint.

Upcoming Mods: GXP brake conversion, DBA rotors, Hawk pads, BMR Subframe Connectors and Trailing Arms, Pedders XA Street system, It is good to have a plan.

08 GT Black Premium Sport RIP
    2 JL Audio 12"s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8lover View Post
    I would be interested in the brakes for this... seems like they should have bigger brakes like it says the rotors are bigger.... wonder if they will have brembos? mutipiston calipers? fit our wheels? hmmmm
    From what I see the brakes are not Brembo, just a larger cast version.

Quote Originally Posted by p71 View Post
    What kind of idiot designs an undercover version of a car that only the police can buy...

It makes as much sense as having an undercover cop open carry and pin is badge to his hat.
    That is funny. I never thought about it like that.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by p71 View Post

LOL yeah GM is once again making another (in a long string of them) mistake when deciding on "ONLY FOR LEO" status of the this vehicle. Seriously, how many "undercover" versions will GM sell to off set the cost of design and bringing them over to the states? GM wake the F' up already!!!
    Tim

2009 PSM GT Fully Loaded
    GM Sirius Connect SIRGM2L - INSTALLED (No more XM!!!)
    Fasterproms Ported Intake Manifold w/LS3 TB
    Camaro Brembo Brakes @ all 4 corners
    Complete GXP Suspension Swap
    GXP Axle-Back Exhaust w/x-pipe
    Hacked Atari 3 Gauge Display
    Superchips Cortex Tuned
    Vararam Ram Air Intake
    OEM Bluetooth Add-on
    BMR Front Swaybar
    HSV Valve Covers
    20" Camaro Rims
    Vector HSRK
    6k HID's

Post Thanks / Like

See any sort of laptop mount yet Greg?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

They're called undercover cars as that's the term for pursuit rated non-patrol vehicles. They are used by detectives, administration & other government uses where you aren't going to transport prisoners, lightbars, cages, switch boxes, etc (& don't want to be driving around in black/white marked car. They have a decent rear seats & interiors, rather than ones designed for prisoners. We purchase as many of those as we do patrol cars. So it's common sense to do that & pretty much doubles the amount of vehicles they can sell. Those cars also hold more resale value for departments. They aren't used for undercover work as you think. Narcotics & such use leased vehicles of all types for that type of work. That way you can get different cars all of the time to keep them from being burned. Believe me, criminals aren't the brightest. It's amazing how just driving an unmarked squad (no markings or light bar), people don't notice you. I've been flipped off for going the speed limit & had people try to race me in the blacked out Charger. Mind you, it has tinted windows, but has lights & cage inside. Those are always amusing stops (at least for us).
    Last edited by m1tankr; 03-15-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

@m1tankr.... you kind of made my point...

The blacked out charger, or the unmarked b4c or the p71 with out lights looks like a civilian vehicle and so does not stick out, and allows you to sit by the side of the road and catch speeders more efficiently, or blend into a crowd of vehicles on the highway, or allow you to park in a bad neighbor hood and leave without the car drawing the attention of being an unoccupied police car. The new 9C3 will still be spotted a mile away by anyone halfway observant...

If they are going after the P72 market, fine but that is the municipal vehicle market, not the undercover cop market, and requires slightly different upgrades.
    11 Mopar 11 Charger

11 Ram 1500 White Crewcab Hemi 4x4 Sport TRADED

10 F150 Raptor Black 5.4 Supercab TRADED

09 GT Black Premium Sport TRADED

Mods: Livernois Stage I Kit with ported intake and TB, Livernois Tune, New Era OTR CAI, UDP, Kooks 1 7/8 catted LT, GXP Front end conversion, GXP mufflers, GXP rear diffuser, VMR VB3 19x9.5, Nitto Invo 275s, TMA 3202, 2 JL Audio 12"s, Limo tint.

Upcoming Mods: GXP brake conversion, DBA rotors, Hawk pads, BMR Subframe Connectors and Trailing Arms, Pedders XA Street system, It is good to have a plan.

08 GT Black Premium Sport RIP
    2 JL Audio 12"s