Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OBX headers

Post Thanks / Like

Google OBX before you purchase, see what others have said, I googled them and there is various threads with nothing good said about them.....
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW! these look like exact copy of kooks headers...

Post Thanks / Like

one thing I have learned in this business, if it is 304SS and cheap, and fully polished it is NOT made in the USA or Canada... you only tumble or vibratory polish 304SS to hide imperfections or poor welding, something Kooks or ARH would not have to do. OBX is definitely an overseas made part, wheather china, taiwan, the phillipines, etc...

we have seen their pieces in person for various other vehicles, i will only say I would never suggest them, if you want to save the money how about some kooks mids instead?

Livernois Motorsports

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop

Post Thanks / Like

Damn that's a killer price. Says it comes with a limited lifetime guarantee too (don't know what's limited about it though). I can't wait to see how these work out for someone.

'09 PBM GT: 579hp/ 552tq - SOLD

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They do not come with O2 extensions according to the description.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

All vendors will tell you they are crap but only thing they do is copy parts ,look at the vette guys using them they mak3 the same power if not more. Quality of the kooks might last longer but who is gonna keep a car forever to find out ? This is good buy just they rip off parts but goes to show you should a piece of pipe really be worth 1800 dollars anyways even with r and d

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmanx View Post
    All vendors will tell you they are crap but only thing they do is copy parts ,look at the vette guys using them they mak3 the same power if not more. Quality of the kooks might last longer but who is gonna keep a car forever to find out ? This is good buy just they rip off parts but goes to show you should a piece of pipe really be worth 1800 dollars anyways even with r and d
    Depends if the Chinese worker has the same standards for quality as the American worker.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember when those overseas companies rip off/copy american made products that takes money out of the USA. Do we not complain everyday about the state of our economy? Never in your life would you see me run a rip-off of any manufacturers product on my car nor would I install it.

Is it fair that a company like KOOKS or ARH has put in all the time and research and a company copies them, uses inferior materials and sells for 40-50% less. I am here to tell you that you get what you pay for. We will get our country back about the same time we stop thinking shit like this is OK or acceptable.

Note: KOOKS is not a vendor here nor do I endorse KOOKS, so this is not a favortism rant.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Just remember when those overseas companies rip off/copy american made products that takes money out of the USA. Do we not complain everyday about the state of our economy? Never in your life would you see me run a rip-off of any manufacturers product on my car nor would I install it.

Is it fair that a company like KOOKS or ARH has put in all the time and research and a company copies them, uses inferior materials and sells for 40-50% less. I am here to tell you that you get what you pay for. We will get our country back about the same time we stop thinking shit like this is OK or acceptable.

Note: KOOKS is not a vendor here nor do I endorse KOOKS, so this is not a favortism rant.
    Well put. Kooks (and ARH for that matter) did the r&d to make headers for us and are both good American companies. I would get headers from one of them before I got the from some knock off company. Like the old saying goes, "if it seems too good to be true..."
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 Gt
    VaraRam, Fasterproms Ported LSXR 102 & Ported Throttle Body, Comp Cams Trunions, UPR Catch Can, Holden Radiator Cover, BMR Sway Bars, BMR SFC's, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR LCA's, CTS-V Wheels, GXP Brake Kit, Pedders Lowered Springs and Dampeners, GXP Rear Diffuser, Hacked Atari Gauges, Sliding Leather Armrest, Spencers 5000K Lows/fogs, GRRRR8 Heater Hose Relocation, EFILive V2, 35% Window Tint

To install: BMR complete bushing kit, BMR Toe rods

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post

agreed,

this thinking is what is a huge issue with our nation. we want it cheaper, at all costs. cheaper materials, cheaper labor, even if it puts people out of jobs. It's a really bad cycle and myself would never run a part made outside of our country (or Canada, those guys are ok ) unless I have to. There are certain parts that are no longer made in the USA so you are stuck with imported parts but in my everyday life I try to keep the american worker employed. Hell I go out of my way to buy products that are USA made. My shoes, socks, shirts, furniture, etc. when I can find it made in the USA i buy it. You are talking about someone's well being, their lively hood, and possibly their family's lively hood. The standard has to start somewhere...

Look at it this way, there is WAY more profit to be had by our company selling Chinese knock offs as opposed to the real thing, but it's short sighted, and doesn't really benefit anyone. Plus, no Chinese knockoff is EVER the identical performance or fitment, there is always something off about them.

Livernois Motorsports

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop