Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally getting LCA's done

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally getting LCA's done

Well I carried the g8 in this morning for the infamous rattle.More so on the right.I just found out that 2 were ordered and get this......"Will be in tomorrow".Never would have thought that!!! I just hope that means front left and right.I thought it took 4 to the entire front.Isn't there a upper and lower control arm?? Anyway, all he said is that he ordered 2. Guess I will see how this fix goes tommorrow.The car only has 16,000 miles

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There's 2 lower control arms in the front, the upper arms should be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had my Chevy store replace all 4. No questions they just ordered them and got them on in no time. GRRRR8.
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Mine just started the dreaded clunk backing out of the driveway.... I hope the dealer will replace them w/ out hassle. I'm at 23k how long will they warranty them for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvidt View Post
    Mine just started the dreaded clunk backing out of the driveway.... I hope the dealer will replace them w/ out hassle. I'm at 23k how long will they warranty them for?
    They are covered under the 3 year 36k B2B warranty.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks SRG!

Post Thanks / Like

Got the car back today and for sure can tell a difference.......Only thing is......I can still hear a litlte rattle from that same right side but not as noticable.I guess I will ride it for a while like this and see.I still got 20,000 to look into it further.Maybe its strut related or the upper arms?Sway bar bushings?Not sure but I am not gonna worry on that for a while.They did put the lower LCA's on both sides and caster arms.Front alighment of course too.At least it is better.My next goal sometime after the new year is to pursue 2-3 flare. Saw a Black GT alot like mine there today.Noticed you got a bend in your back drivers side sport 19 rim.If you are reading this PM me I can help you on a rim in much better shape for a good deal.N.C. tag had " 6.0 V8 " on it.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Well I got the work done and believe it or not I still got a rattle on my right side.It seems maybe a little better and not as bad but I think it's some other susp. part.What do you fellows think it is now?Strut related or Sway bar bushing? It drives great but I still am annoyed by this rattle.As always it's quiet and noticed at low speeds between 15-45 mph with of course the radio off.I think I will ride it out a while and carry it again someday.

Post Thanks / Like

I had my dealership order a LCA for the driver side. They said it will take a couple of days to come in. It will be done under warranty which is nice, they didnt even argue at all which is a first. Hopefully this fixes the vibration I am getting.