Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Need assistance - underhood front rubber seal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need assistance - underhood front rubber seal

Greg/Pace - I have a 2008 G8 GT and I noticed under the hood towards the front of the car, there is a rubber seal designed to prevent grime/water from entering the engine bay. However, my rubber seal doesn't run most of the width of the hood - both sides basically stop at the beginning of each headlamp. It's my understanding that GM began using a longer version on 2009 G8s to help prevent grime/water from entering the engine bay over by each headlamp.

I hope I'm explaining this well enough. I recall a post with pictures somewhere in this forum but a search turned up no results. I'm interested in buying the longer version - can you please pm me quote for this? Thanks!
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT (white)
    stock dynojet: 300rwhp / 315 rwtq corrected to SAE
    PM of FL's Muffler Delete Axle-back

Post Thanks / Like
    '09 Pacific Slate G8 GT,1900 Magnacharger cog drive. Engine rebuilt by Texas Speed and Performance with some very nice parts. Airaid intake, Kooks 1 7/8" lt's, cats, midpipe, SLP PowerFlow exhaust. Pedders lowered touring package. Baer Pro front brakes. ForgeStar F14 GunMetal 19x8.5 Michelin Pilot Sport a/s. '78 El Camino. 2008 model Blue Heeler.

Post Thanks / Like

the link above has everything you need to know, plus a few extra bonus pictures
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome - exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!!
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT (white)
    stock dynojet: 300rwhp / 315 rwtq corrected to SAE
    PM of FL's Muffler Delete Axle-back